Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Riding roads that you haven't ridden in years.
  • wanmankylung
    Free Member

Today I did 50 miles on the road bike on roads I haven’t ridden in more than 20 years. It was probably up there in the top three rides I’ve done. If you ever get the chance explore some of the roads and lanes in the Lockerbie area. They are seriously underrated.

globalti
    Free Member

Lockerbie is a stunning area, agreed. We have friends in Dalfibble.

Today I did two local climbs, Cross of Greet and Bowland Knotts and loved them; nice climbs especially Bowland Knotts from the north, stunning views and seemingly easier than when I first rode them about 10 years ago.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Nice up there did some good road rides when we went to a wedding few years back.Quiet roads.I do the opposite down in Gloucestershire there are roads I don’t touch anymore got to dangerous Hay Ho.Still plenty that are ok.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Had a wee road ride in the town and surrounding area that I used to live as a boy. It’s amazing to ride what you once thought of as big hills!.

MoreCashThanDash

Did a sportive last year close to where I was brought up, Stamford and out into the Fens. I left there in ’95. Something very comforting about the yellow stone houses and long forgotten villages round Stamford. Felt like “home” but I’ve no desire to go back there really.

The 30 miles in the Fens was shite though!

theotherjonv

I went up combe lane, north of shere today, for the first time in about 10 years. Used to dread the left hander, was nowhere near as bad as I remembered. Still not totally pleasant though.

Kunstler

Last summer I rode from my old home town around the Norfolk coast to Great Yarmouth and back – a place I hadn’t been since I was eleven years old when I thought it was the best place in the world. Back then it was a long day out with a very drive just to get there – as it seems at that age. It was a good ride but I was starting to lose interest where it became less undulating nearer to Yarmouth. Good roads around the north of the county – the bits that I know well.

The 30 miles in the Fens was shite though!

Riding between Peterborough and Kings Lynn made me wonder if I even liked cycling.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Riding roads that you haven't ridden in years.’ is closed to new replies.