Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Riding Penmachno with a busted shoulder.
  • crazybaboon

Some of my mates are planing a trip to Penmachno this weekend, unfortunately I’m recovering from a broken humerus and a smashed ball in my right shoulder, which happened last year
    Had a op a few weeks ago and I’ll be needing another later this year.
    I’ll manged 40 mile rides off road including the trail at Sherwood pines which was painfull but ok, but I struggle to get back on the bike for drops and jumps, is Pemacho do able in this state or is it a jumpy technical trial?

flippinheckler
    Free Member

No don’t do it, Penmachno is more technical than Sherwood pines and your more likely to come off being fit never mind recovering from broken bones. Penmachno will still be there when your fully fit.

terrahawk
    Free Member

Christ knows what will happen if you fall off. It’s a reasonable distance from a hospital.

Who knows? let us know how you get on 😉

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

IMO, no. Go for a hike instead.

jamesco

If you have private health care get on with it- you fool. If you use NHS then how selfish are you? Tin hat on …incoming… 😆

singlespeedstu

Not very techy there but some sections are a little rough.

Russell96

It’ll give you a good upper body work out, more so if you do loop 2 aswell, so no.

Suggsey
    Free Member

A definite no-theres being daring and there is being reckless-think of the poor sods that will have to come fetch you should you have even a minor off and injure your shoulder. If The Pines made it ache both loops at penmachno with have you in bits.Oh yeah and the rocks are way bigger at penmachno with sections on some descents that will need you to be able to pilot with both arms!

crazybaboon

I’d 90% resigned myself to not riding it, but as I’ve never been before I’d though I’d ask!
    Looks like getting some road miles in instead!
    Thanks for your replies

highclimber
    Free Member

I really wouldn’t risk it. As mentioned, the nearest hospital is 30 miles away and it is wet and quite fast (and you will want to go fast because it wants you to)!

Edit: I came off the other there yesterday (probably because I was going too fast for my current abilities)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Riding Penmachno with a busted shoulder.’ is closed to new replies.