Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Riding out with Kids.
  • Mooly
    Free Member

Spent a few hours today riding in Haldon forest with my kids. Thought it may be quite dull (in terms of riding, not spending time with the kids) but was actually fantastic. We normally stick to canal paths and cycle routes around the city. It was so different to ride slowly and take in everything around me rather than bombing along at light speed trying to negotiate obstacles.
    Dare it try and get the missus to give it a go or is that a step too far?

leffeboy

Tandem – you know it makes sense

Mooly
    Free Member

Umm! not convinced! Back might be n OK view but surely taking your life in your own hands.

aracer
    Free Member

My missus doesn’t stand a chance. 4yo son was yesterday riding stuff I doubt she’d go near – and no more likely to be happy on the back of the tandem. I even had to think a bit hard a few times with a kiddy seat on the back of my cross bike – he’ll be leaving me in his dust (on technical stuff) rather sooner than I expected!

leffeboy

hehe, hadn’t thought of it that way round. Could add a blindfold for extra thrill factor.
    I really don’t like being stoker on the tandem at all but folks who would never think of riding off-road seem to love it. Maybe they just don’t know quite how close to crashing we sometimes come

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I have no issue with riding stoker – its great especially on easy trails – you just sit and pedal and look at the scenery. Hire / borrow one first to see if you like it

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Riding out with Kids.’ is closed to new replies.