Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Riding on Mull…
  • ahhhjrene
    Free Member

Hey ho,

We’re on a weeks holiday on Mull, self catering in a cottage near Calgary. Can any locals or those familiar with riding on the island tell me were some of the riding highlights are to be found?

I’m with my kids so any riding would be limited to the very early mornings.

The more technical riding the better.

Ta,

J.

neilm
    Free Member

There are a number of riders on Mull. I’m not sure how up to date it is, but they have a web site with a few routes listed.

Linky: http://www.isleofmullcyclingclub.co.uk/

I hope you have a great time.

My family are from Mull, but I haven’t managed to visit for a while, maybe next year.

Don’t forget insect repellent, the midges can be wicked.

Basil

Sum of all my knowledge
    The hill out of Tobermory is massssssive
    There is a nice taxi man who will take your bike when you discover there is only one ferry on Wednesday

ahhhjrene
    Free Member

Cheers guys. A local who posts on here recommended a few trails. I rode Ciallaich and back earlier. Lost the trail a number of times and fell in a bog, ace. The trail could be a real cracker with a bit of maintenance.

Going to Ulva next.

ahhhjrene
    Free Member

Rode to Crackaig and down before turning back. Great riding, rocky in places and some good challenging features dotted about if your looking for these sort of things. Will do the same as a loop to Treshnish cottages tomorrow.

Calgary to Ensay Burn is crying out for a path to be constructed following the road. I had a great time hopping around the rocks and steep sheep tracks.

Tried to find the path through the forest east of Calgary but couldn’t find the start, I presume it’s concealed or has been swallowed up by the forestry going on there. My map is from 2002 and doesn’t have the forestry tracks marked. Might ride down the Kilninian and they and find the other end of the path and ride back up.

Having a great time.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Riding on Mull…’ is closed to new replies.