Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Riding on MoD land in Aldershot area – TAG Report Released
  • trailactiongroup
    Free Member

The Trail Action Group report on riding on the MoD land in the Aldershot area has now been published and can be downloaded from the link below.

Thank you so much for your responses. We will have to wait and see if this influences policy, but we believe the conclusions will be difficult to challenge when backed up with hard data:

https://trailactiongroup.co.uk/…/tag-mtb-survey-the-results/

scottfitz
    Free Member

nice one

djtom
    Free Member

Excellent and insightful report. Let’s hope it has a positive impact on the DIO!

wrecker
    Free Member

I have read the summary and some of section 8.3; what are the conclusions?
    It seemed that a) you don’t want to engage through a national body (can’t blame you for that given BCs interest in MTB advocacy) but the argument isn’t compelling from what I read and b) cycling is good for us and people like it because it’s local.
    It seems to me that there are two main issues which need addressing; conflict with troops (and reports of MTBers being dicks to them won’t help) and b) landowner risk of legal action due to injury. I think the arguments and suggestions for solutions for both of these issues should take a prominent place in the summary. The “it’s handy” viewpoint is not likely to sway the defence agency.
    Just suggestions, I’m not trying to criticise.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Riding on MoD land in Aldershot area – TAG Report Released’ is closed to new replies.