Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Riding on Brownsea island…and around the poole area
  • vrepami
    Free Member

Worth a ferry trip, or anything else a little different in the area.

Obviously the Purbecks….

Is it worth popping over to IOW for a day?

smiffy

You are not permitted to cycle on Brownsea.

Purbecks and IOW are both good.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Canford Heath is pretty good if you know where to go. New Forest 20 minutes drive. Puddletown Forest 20 minutes. Wareham Forest 20 minutes.
    Up and down the seafront not allowed, but the views good as long as you remember to put your sunglasses on so you don’t get caught looking (apparently)

Spongebob
    Free Member

Brownsea is owned by the National Trust. Try asking them about cycling on the island. FInd out if the ferry company accept bikes too. I was thinking it would be a no, but the NT are very pro cycling these days. You could argue that getting to the ferry by bike was eco-friendly etc. On the other hand, you could probably ride round Brownsea in 20 minutes, so is it worth it?

I recommend the Isle of Purbeck (which is actually a peninsular). Not that far from Sandbanks/Studland. Ride the two high ridges starting from Corfe Castle up to Kingston, along to Durlstone then over to Ullwell and up along back to Corfe. There are a few lung buster climbs and some awesome views.

trailmonkey

CTD’s just come back from IOW. Said it was good fun.

rOcKeTdOg

NT say nooo
    but there is always this in Poole, very cometitive and niche-core
    from the weekend

Spongebob
    Free Member

That looks like going round and round in circles to me!

You can do that in any car park!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Riding on Brownsea island…and around the poole area’ is closed to new replies.