Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Riding near Tosside options?
  • munkster
    Free Member

Got a week booked in Tosside over the summer, fairly random choice to be honest. Will be taking CX (me), road (Mrs m) and poss MTB (Mrs m) if warranted, mainly looking for road rides on quiet lanes and/or cycle tracks or disused train tracks. Anything like that round there? I’ve put together a few decent loops using Strava/Garmin Connect but just thought I’d check the hive mind in case there’s something obvious I’m not aware of. Full on MTB/singletrack likely to be off the agenda (Gisburn on the doorstep n’est-ce pas?) given me being on CX bike, or is there stuff there I could do? TIA!

martinhutch

You could ride most of Gisburn on a CX, certainly the blue and quite a bit of the red as well.

Settle Loop is easily CX-able with a bit of push/carry on short sections of the Stockdale Lane climb, which is what most people do on MTBs, anyhow.

Loads of other stuff like this – the Dales is not a tech-fest, the BWs are mostly doubletrack and short rocky sections can be avoided or walked.

kudos
    Free Member

Loads of good road riding but apart from Gisburn, you’ll struggle to find any “Offroad Light” riding. Some fantastic fell rides over Dunsop and Beattrix Fells from Parrock Head or there’s the old road up Salter Fell which you can ride right up to Hornby (if you like riding up metalled fell tracks).

munkster
    Free Member

All good so far, thanks. Scurries off to Google “metalled fell tracks” 😳

munkster
    Free Member

Anyone else got owt? 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Riding near Tosside options?’ is closed to new replies.