Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Riding near Ringwood/Fordingbridge?
  • _daveR
    Free Member

Spending the day down near Ringwood and Fordingbridge and was planning to take bike for a sanity break from the family!

It’s obvious on the edge of the new forest so is there any good riding in the area? Happy to drive a bit if it’s worth it.

singletrackstinker
    Free Member

I’ve never found a great deal of exciting riding round Fordingbridge, it’s mostly fire road and mostly flat.

Having said that, it’s quite relaxing and you can easily string together a few miles in nice countryside.

bentandbroken

Depends on your level of gnarr, mine is quite low 🙂

I did about 16 miles this morning between fordingbridge and Ringwood. Probably a couple of miles on the road (as I thought I had a time limit) and about 8miles on singletrack, including the moors valley singletrack loop. I could have increased the singletrack to fire road ratio if I had wanted

I can’t see a PM button, but if we can take it offline I will ping you some of my recent Strava trails which would give you a starting point.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    _daveR
    Free Member

A decent fireroad/singletrack loop would be ideal say 10-15 miles? My email address is in my profile on here.

Many thanks.

bentandbroken

Email sent. 🙂

bentandbroken

I think I have found you on Strava as being based near Reading?

brianp
    Free Member

Loads of great riding, much nicer and far quieter in the norther section of the Forest. Used to ride around Fritham quite a lot, good pub too.

http://www.forestry.gov.uk/pdf/new-forest-cycle-code.pdf/$FILE/new-forest-cycle-code.pdf

Brian

_daveR
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies and mail! I was planning to head to the Moors Valley centre to see what that was like… Then the gearbox in my A6 decided to shit itself on the way home from London today and I’m not sure I’ll fit my bike in the loan car now 🙁

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Riding near Ringwood/Fordingbridge?’ is closed to new replies.