Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Riding near Lisbon.
  • Ambrose

Is there anyone out there who has any experience of riding near Lisbon? A friend (non- mtb) lives in Cascais just down the coast and reckons it could be quite good.

gooner69

Go to the blackratcycle.co.uk website and speak to my partner in crime there Jeremy.
    He lives in Caiscais and ride locally regular. Mainly Sintra and the like but there is also a regular Thursday night steps ride throught the streets of Lisbon that is totally awesome. Look on Vimeo for go pro footage of it.
    Hope that helps.

Tony

4ags4
    Free Member

Lived around there back in the nineties – there used to be lots of (sandy) trails in the hills around Sintra.
    Not sure what it’s like now but it can’t have changed that much.

Mackem

Yeah Cascais and up to Sintra. Used to have a flat there where the back gate went straight onto a dirt track. I liked living there.

There was some stuff round the Olympic stadium too. Think they had a round of the world XC round there.

Ambrose

Thanks folks, much appreciated.

jambalaya
    Free Member

OP I am sure there was another thread a while back too – maybe a year ago ? Its an interesting city

devash
    Free Member

We went to Lisbon for a long weekend last year and it struck us how many mountain bikers were about, so I can imagine that you won’t have any problems finding decent trails. Cascais is lovely by the way.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Riding near Lisbon.’ is closed to new replies.