Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Riding near Huddersfield 5/6th March?
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

If so, can I come please? 🙂

I’ve got a weekend to myself and I’ll be staying at my brothers place in Huddersfield. I’ve done the Edale/Castleton area many times, so I was thinking of Calderdale or somewhere like that. Somewhere new to me. 🙂

I know there’s a lot of locals on here, anybody fancy showing me the best bits?
    I’m hoping to ride both days.

Thanks! 🙂

I can bring cake if that helps?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’m not fast, but I don’t smell bad or anything like that…..

davetrave
    Free Member

Peter,

Look for The (Saddleworth) Cyclery or The Collective, or something like that, on Facebook (if you’re on it). We ride both sides of the Pennines in that area. There may be some details up there. Alternatively, try the proper club website – Saddleworth Clarion.

I won’t be there though, I’m out of the country.

PS Say hi to Pants for me – not seem for ages…

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Wil do! Thanks for the tip! 🙂

robdob
    Free Member

Locals around Hebden Bridge or Tod to show him (and me cos I’ve always been a bit let down with Calderdale but not ridden with locals) around would be good.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

If I’m around that weekend then I’d be happy to show a few people some cheeky, excellent riding from Halifax. Nice mix of woodsey singletrack and moorland stuff with a load of technical stuff thrown in sound any good?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Davey, that sounds right up my street… 🙂

c9tln
    Free Member

Hi mate,if you’re stuck on the Sunday I should be around to show you a bit of the colne valley/outlane area.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Cool, I’ll let you know what I have planned and if theres a conflict that weekend ASAP PP. If not then I can at least scribble a map or something for you. Take you on such delights as Headless Chicken, Gollums Pool, Ninja Turtle etc 😉

woody2000

PP – you want to watch out for the DaveyBoyWonder kid. He talks nice, but then tries to make you ride stuff that only a complete idiot woud try and ride.

🙂

Might try and join you that weekend myself DBW, return leg and all that.

oxnop
    Free Member

PP/DBW – Room for a little one?

(Even though i’m a local I wouldn’t mind some of that headless ninja turtle pool!)

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

More the merrier. Don’t go telling everyone its awesome around here though. Shhhh…

Stevo210
    Free Member

Try Marsden Moor, back down in to Marsden. Mix of fast singletrack, drop-offs from water erosion and crazy bogs that will eat yer bike and you if you aint quick enough. 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Just checked this thread again…. 😳

This sounds like it might be a goer!

Davey, I’ll drop you a line sometime this week 🙂

Blower
    Free Member

Huddersfield lot = us lot the Devil’s Rock Riders. 🙂
    email in prfofile

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Riding near Huddersfield 5/6th March?’ is closed to new replies.