Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Riding near Holmfirth
  • davosaurusrex

Got a couple of days work in Dewsbury on Mon 11th/Tues 12th and am staying in Holmfirth. Travelling up Sunday and I think I have managed to persuade the wife to let me desert her and the 3 kids on mother’s day and leave up early so as I can get there mid afternoon-ish and go for a ride. Any recommendations for a 2-3 hour ride would be welcome, if anyone wants to show me round in exchange for cake and/or a few pints afterwards that would be even better! Prefer to plod up and blast down.

buck53

There is a loop round Digley Reservoir just up the road from Holmfirth, nice little ride but it’s probably only 1.5 hours or so. There’s also a route around Langsett Reservoir a little bit further out, haven’t done it myself but it’s supposed to be a nice route.

Failing that there is Saddleworth just over the hill, nice bits and pieces round Denshaw and Uppermill.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I think I have a GPX of my usual favourite ride round there- want me to e-mail it you?

Scapegoat

I think I have a GPX of my usual favourite ride round there- want me to e-mail it you?

Can I have it too please?
    wholestonedaveATaolDOTcom

davosaurusrex

That would be cracking munrobiker, email in profile, cheers!

Stevelol
    Free Member

Could I also have the gpx too please? Email in profile, hope that’s not too cheeky 😀

mt
    Free Member

Loads of stuff round Holmfirth area, if I was still around I’d show you. Get hold of Marsdenman.

Yateholme, Digley, wessenden, Deer Hill, Blackmoorfoot, Honley Wood.

See if you can link that together with a map and short sections of very well used cheeky stuff. Have fun.

davosaurusrex

Cheers all and also a bump in the hope of a guide….

andycs

I am just outside Dewsbury and could do a good couple of hours Monday eve out towards Mirfield if you have time?

qtip

Another request for the GPX if you don’t mind – any in the area would be great. Cheers.

markyqt80AThotmailDOTcom

blaggers
    Free Member

Me too, am in Scholes/totties next weekend. The OS map always looks full of footpaths in that area. Could do with knowing which ones are rideable.

davosaurusrex

andycs – cheers for the offer. Sunday is out now as I’ve been guilt tripped into hanging around for Sunday lunch and travelling up afterwards, although it is Mother’s Day so fair enough. Monday could be a goer but we may try to get done in a day so it might be a long one, might take my bike anyway though. What’s the riding round Mirfield like?

andycs

Lots of decent xc riding with good climbs and downhills. Nothing very technical. More than enough for a decent 2hr night ride with the obligatory real ale pub at the end. Drop me an E-Mail if you are able to get out.

davosaurusrex

Cheers Andy, will let you know

andycs

Very sorry, had phone call last night to say that my father had passed away. On way to Bulgaria for funeral so won’t be riding Monday.

davosaurusrex

Really sorry to hear that Andy, no need to apologise, my thoughts are with you.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Riding near Holmfirth’ is closed to new replies.