Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Riding near Hadleigh Farm, Essex?!?
  • dcl

My daughter has a days training with BC at Hadleigh on Sunday so was hoping to get out for a ride for a couple of hours.
    Langdon hills comes up as a place to ride but with no routes.
    Does anyone one have any routes there or close by?
    Thanks for your help.

khani
    Free Member

You can ride around Hadleigh (not the Olympic course) for a few hours, go to the castle and follow the bridle ways and paths along the coast, Langdon hills is a twenty minute to half hour drive away and mainly hard pack, and after all the rain any non hard pack bits will be a clay ridden swamp..
    Thorndon park is a similar distance away and is basically a hard pack loop with loads of cheeky bits going off it all the way round, there’s no proper routes as such with both, you just have to keep your eyes peeled for gaps going off into the trees and scout around..
    Ill be going to Thorndon on Sunday if you want showing around, but the recent rain might have trashed some of the better bits, its mainly clay round here and doesn’t do well with a lot of rain..

dcl

That sounds good!!
    I am also considering going to Epping Forest.
    I have always heard of it but never visited!

benp1

Check out the route for the BHF London to Southend ride. Should be on the website.

The section near the end (Hadleigh Farm) was the most interesting/difficult

RichPenny
    Free Member

Would that be through Thundersley Glen? Hockley Woods near Rayleigh has some stuff, but minimal gradient (even for Essex!) and it’s all cheeky.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Riding near Hadleigh Farm, Essex?!?’ is closed to new replies.