• This topic has 12 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by tang.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Riding near Gloucester next weekend?
  • gee
    Free Member

Hi

I’m going to have next weekend to kill riding around Gloucester. I’ll have a car. Any suggestions or kind folk willing to share a GPS file?

Is the FoD worth a look? Problem is there’s a mini Enduro on, which I can’t enter as it’s full, and so this may take out the trails?

GB

v666ern
    Free Member

Hi Gee,

Having been out around cranham and crickley hill saturday night id avoid those areas as it doesnt drain well and gets bogged down. Perhaps try Randwick area as there are well established trails down there.

If the enduro is on, freeminers and verderers should still be open as the enduro is on a different track and both are worth a pop.

Hopefully a FOD local might pop up and offer a guide would be good, if not i can download a strava file (havent done it before?) of FOD singletrack and email you that.

Mark

stevied
    Free Member

If DH is your thing, they are still running the uplift (with a few places left) at FoD so that could be a good shout for a day.

@v666ern, I’d be interested in some off-piste FoD tracks if you wouldn’t mind emailing me them too? Keep meaning to try and find some different stuff down there but never get round to it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    gee
    Free Member

Thanks – perhaps one day in the FoD playing around on the marked and unmarked trails then.

Any ideas for another day? Tend to be more XC/endurance than DH. Depends what you call DH though. Basically I’m after the Surrey hills but near Gloucester…

v666ern
    Free Member

@stevied YGM

@gee malvern hills arent too far and worth a trip 🙂

Marko

There was talk over here:

FOD Ride

Of a ride on Sunday. I’m up for a ride and can always show you around the Wye Valley, if nothing happens with the above.

Hth
    Marko

v666ern
    Free Member

^^^^
    Marko is good to ride with, he will laugh at you when you fall off though 😀

http://www.fodmtb.com/news/4584597818

gee
    Free Member

Marko – thanks for the offer. I’d prefer not a big group as I just get fed up and cold hanging around. If you wouldn’t mind showing me round that would be great.

Any news on the Malverns conditions this time of year? I’ve only ridden at Eastnor which was absolutely awful with the slightest amount of rain.

jamesfts
    Free Member

Malverns are always pretty good up top regardless of the weather. In fact the worse the weather the friendlier everyone seems to be – less tourons about.

If you don’t know where you’re going you’ll likely just potter from one end to the other along the tops missing most of the good stuff but usually a few locals around that’ll happily point you in the right direction.

Marko

@Gee

PM me if you are still up for a ride on Sunday

Marko

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Hills above Gloucester/Cheltenham plenty of stuff.Painswick beacon/Lecky Hill and Cleeve Hill link them together you get hell of a ride.
    FOD there is tons of stuff only place its busy is the Pedalway car park.

singlesteed
    Free Member

I could of sworn Randwick woods forbids cyclists and is cheeky!?

tang
    Free Member

CX race Sunday stroud? Nice ride back to gloucester after. Drop Rickie Cotter(I’m sure you know her) as she’s localish and knows great loops for endurance nut cases.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Riding near Gloucester next weekend?’ is closed to new replies.