Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Riding near edinburgh
  • the_chosen_llama
    Free Member

I am heading away to edinburgh with parents and girlfriend so have a days riding to fill. Are there any good places for singletrack style riding closer than inners?
    Thanks
    Paul

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Glentress is *slightly* closer.
    The Pentland Hills are much closer. Natural riding as opposed to trail centre stuff

woody2000

From a thread earlier today…..
    http://www.highlandeguide.co.uk/

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Lots of good riding in East and Mid-Lothian. Have a look on Strava or find a friendly local to guide you.

scotroutes
    jimmy

Steven Menmuir (of above) showed me a route in Midlothian from my door which has some nice little singletrack sections. Ends up at the Pentlands (and / or pub) for more miles or hills if so inclined. Its NOT Inners… but its nice.

when you going / coming and staying where? Happy to chum you round if I’m free.

doh
    Free Member

Stirling would be your best bet, it has proper hills and a lot more single track than you could do in a day.

kcal

If you can find the singletrack, then Peatlands as above would occupy you for as long as you want really. Could certainly take a day to do a lovely figure of eight loop round the good / hard bits.

the_chosen_llama
    Free Member

Thanks for the offer jimmy but ill be riding with my dad who, although a keen cyclist, i cant see wanting to ride with other people
    The highland eguide looks good but maybe a bit too far north.
    Pentlants looks like it could be worth a go.
    As for stirling are there any websites worth a look at?
    Cheers

Northwind

If you’ve got transport… I love riding in the pentlands, and I can be on singletrack in about 2 minutes from my house but if I was you, I’d be going to glentress or innerleithen. (not inners this weekend, there’s likely to be disruption from the race)

13thfloormonk

Here’s a route

This is equal parts quiet tarmac, singletrack and double track.

Admittedly not the most ‘all weather’ in places, and you’ll probably want to compare it to a proper map to navigate (all the trails should be shown on a 1:25,000 OS map, they’re not signposted though!).

My favourite place the Pentlands, with the right bike and a bit of imagination you can have some brilliant rides.

the_chosen_llama
    Free Member

Thanks using that route/parts of could be a winner. Saves the hassle of driving to something we’ve both ridden lots ( inners or glentress).

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Riding near edinburgh’ is closed to new replies.