Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Riding near Burnham on sea
  • misterlee
    Free Member

Anyone know of any good riding around Burnham on sea or Brean. Down there in a few weeks and was hoping to take the bike.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

You could ride over Brean Down but not much there.Best bet is to travel to Mendips or Quantocks.Not much help.Could get along ride on the beach to get to the sea down there 😉

Dibbs
    Free Member

Any ride that takes you away from Burnham is a good ride. 😉

takisawa2

Oh, that kind of riding…

When you said Birmingham on Sea I thought…

🙂

neilm
    Free Member

Just to second that if you are in Burnham, then you are within easy reach of the Mendips, or the Quantocks.

For the Mendips, head up the A38 to Churchill and then to Burrington Combe, or to The Swan at Rowberrow, just off the A38. Both are good kick off points to explore Rowberrow and Blackdown.

misterlee
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies. Was looking at the mendips and quantocks. Didn’t really know how easy they were to access from Burnham

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Are you riding from burnham or can you use a car? When are you there? You might be able to join us for a Mendip ride. We are usually out on Sunday morn or or Tuesday night ( lights)

tinybits
    Free Member

The mendips are no distance away. I drove down Cheddar Gorge on the way to work in Burnahm every day. 20mins by car. Some very good riding there. Quantocks are about the same distance away to the south, and that’s some of the best riding in the country.

misterlee
    Free Member

Got access to a car. Down there from september 7th with my brother-in-law. He’s new to mountain biking so his ability is a little limited.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I happen to be away that weekend! Sorry. Someone will help. There’s enough moderate trails for your BiL to enjoy.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Riding near Burnham on sea’ is closed to new replies.