Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Riding near Birmingham
  • cheeky_dieter
    Free Member

Hi all,

Can anybody recommend any good trails immediately south of Birmingham, as close in to the city as possible but on the south side?
    Long story (!) but looking for something in that area please.

Many thanks

Edukator
    Free Member

Wyre forest, Clent, canals.

lunge

Lickey Hills is what sprang to mind immediately, it’s about 10 miles out mind you, Clent is in the same vague area too. I can’t think of anything that is much closer unless you fancy some tow-path bashing.

cheeky_dieter
    Free Member

Cheers for the very swift responses! I’ll check those out

🙂

disco_stu
    Free Member

I think issue 82 had a feature on the Lickeys and Clent, there is/was a gpx file of the route i think somewhere on the Singletrack website.

cheeky_dieter
    Free Member

Thanks – I’m not having any joy locating the gpx files on this site – any pointers there? Have trawelled through the Trail Guide Section but not spotted any files…..

singlespeedstu

I could guide you round some of the trail around Kinver.

cheeky_dieter
    Free Member

Cheers for that – I’m not sure when it will be (possibly next year, but having to plan it now so looking for some routes to follow really, but thanks for the offer! Much appreciated

mcblossuk
    Free Member

Anyone had any luck with Lickey gpx files? Thanks.

guystabler
    Free Member

Client, Lickey’s, Kinver all reasonably close and accessible on the canals. A bit further out you have Wyre Forest and the Malverns. Also something in Sandwell Park but not been there.

maxray
    Free Member

Took the kids to Clent for a walk yesterday.. got lost but that is a different story! Did think it had a bit of potential for some 2 wheeled action. Anyone ride there much?

TheWrongTrousers

aracer
    Free Member

I’m not particularly local to Clent, so haven’t ridden there much, but there is some decent riding there from what I remember. ISTR the riding at the Lickeys being nicer, but I’m sure somebody more local will tell me I’m wrong – it is certainly significantly closer to Birmingham City though.

As mentioned there is also a trail at Sandwell Valley, though that’s not in the direction requested by the OP (but possibly still closer to the south City centre than other options).

ISTR riding somewhere much closer in though it wasn’t thrilling, will see if it comes back to me…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Riding near Birmingham’ is closed to new replies.