Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Riding Mt Etna (MTB)
  • oldeh
    Free Member

So i’m lucky enough to be in sicily for work in September. Im looking to do some riding (MTB) particularly on Mt Etna. Has anyone got any recommendations for tour companies?

looking for a days guided tour. preferably more down than up, need bike rental and transport from Taormina.

alpin
    Free Member

had three weeks on the Sicily over December.

managed to get a few rides in on Etna. no guiding companies, but did get chatting to some rad snowkite dude and he pointed us in the right direction.

Salto di Carne is a good run, but hard to find.
    the Milia DH is also very good, starts near Rifugio Ariel…

[/url]DSC_000048 by sod_the_taxman, on Flickr[/img]

[/url]DSC_000033 by sod_the_taxman, on Flickr[/img]

oldeh
    Free Member

that looks cool! Would be a pain to take my own bike as id have to lug it around the rest of the time otherwise Id probably just go without a guide.

mccraque

I used a company called Enrico Excursions Sicily, based just outside Taormina. His guiding knowledge (and his bike) were excellent.

The hire bike was an utter pile of shyte. I’d have not wanted to take it anywhere other than an XC bimble. So would recommend taking your own if you use that company.

on Etna itself I saw a load of full on downhillers – there may be more options centred immediately around the volcano.

molgrips
    Free Member

I hope you have a classic Kona. Cindercone or Fire Mountain perhaps.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Riding Mt Etna (MTB)’ is closed to new replies.