Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Riding like my pants are on fire!
  • Bregante

Well that was interesting!

Just been out for a quick local spin. Nowt spectacular or gnar, just some local trails that make up a little loop from home.

Was almost home when I pass a bloke who looks a bit out of place (smartly dressed, trousers, shirt, clean etc in the middle of the woods). Thought it was a bit odd and he never spoke as I greeted him as I passed him going in the opposite direction. Apart from the odd dog walker he was the only person I saw in a two hour ride. Anyway, as I got about 100 yds down the trail I come across quite a large grass fire! I tried putting it out myself (no water bottle. Doh!) but ended up setting fire to my sock and singeing the hairs on my legs so rang the fire service when the flames started to get above my head.

I was so tempted to double back and find the bloke but I had to get to a road to guide the fire brigade. I’m certain that the bloke either started it himself or walked on by just ignoring the fire. Once the fire service were there I did try to retrace my steps to find him but there are so many ways he could have gone. (I’ll recognise him when I see him again though)

What on earth people get from it is beyond me.

The leg’s not too bad, just a bit red but the soles on my spesh boots have melted and burnt merino doesn’t half whiff!

Gary_M
    Free Member

Apart from the odd dog walker he was the only person I saw in a two hour ride.

So could have been one of the dog walkers then?

wwaswas

a pyromaniac poodle?

I suspect I’d have stopped trying to extinguish it before my shoes and socks were ablaze but fair play to you and glad you’re mostly ok.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

If you’d been on a Fatbike, you’d have been able to ride over the flames to extinguish them!

madeupname
    Free Member

If you were properly hydrated you could have put it out with your own hose and saved the fire brigade a trip out….

eyerideit
    Free Member

There’s lots of out of place blokes ‘wandering’ around parts of Epping forest and lots of fires when the weather’s nice.

unovolo
    Free Member

Possibility of one of these Poo Bags spontaneously combusting due to the build of methane gas from the decomposing faeces?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Riding like my pants are on fire!’ is closed to new replies.