Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Riding in/around leeds next week.
  • Conan257
    Free Member

Ideally without too much driving. I’m on a course which will finish at around 4 each day and would like to get 2-3 rides in Sunday-Thursday evening.

I’ll be in the LS1 5 area. Anyone have a good route or planning on riding from the centre?

Edit: MTB only!

devash
    Free Member

Up from the city center along the Meanwood Valley trail, through Scotland Wood / Adel Woods, stopping for a cheeky blast on the jumps and berms there. Round the back of the golf course ignoring the ‘Footpath’ sign and round the perimiter of Eccup Reservoir. Along the rolling bridleway to the back of the Emmerdale set for a nice loop round the Harewood estate (again, ignoring some ‘footpath only’ signs) and back round to complete the loop.

This little route is just a little over 20 miles and is mainly XC with some big climbs, technical foresty singletrack bits and a couple of cheeky bonus features. Plus you get to ride through fields containing sheep, cows, deer and horses.

http://www.scribblemaps.com/create/#id=mcDQfvr1pY

Conan257
    Free Member

Sounds good, will look into that more when home from work…

devash
    Free Member

Even the ride along the Meanwood Valley Trail to Golden Acre Park is a nice one. Scotland Wood / Adel Woods and the surrounding areas are worth a session on their own for all the cheeky little trails in there (some quite technical).

Conan257
    Free Member

I’ve mapping at home (only found out I was going today so a little unprepared), will get some routes downloaded from endomondo I think…

Or exercise my inner 15 year old and do some street riding (do kids still do that?)

willjones
    Free Member

+1 for what devash says.

Conan, if you want more of a loop, you could look at something like this
    Slight hijack – devash, that fp round the back of Eccup, have you ever been shouted at? It would unlock some more routes for me, but I find confrontation ruins a good ride…

devash
    Free Member

Slight hijack – devash, that fp round the back of Eccup, have you ever been shouted at? It would unlock some more routes for me, but I find confrontation ruins a good ride…

Never been shouted at no, and I’ve probably ridden it 30 odd times in the past year. Its a bit silly in the fact that its a bridle path from the dirt jumps in Adel woods round the first bit of the gold course to King Lane, but once you cross king lane to the other half of the golf course it becomes a footpath crossing some farmer’s fields then ultimately becomes a bridleway again at the other side of the reservoir.

I’ve ridden over those fields on the footpath and past the farmer before, who smiled and waved at me. The path that goes alongside the reservoir has ‘no cycling’ signs at either end but there’s always other riders along there and I’ve never been shouted at. As long as you are respectful then it shouldn’t be a problem.

willjones
    Free Member

Party on Wayne. Thanks for that.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Riding in/around leeds next week.’ is closed to new replies.