Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Riding in the South Peak District near Hartlington
  • chambord
    Free Member

I’m going camping next weekend with some friends in a small village called Wetton in the South Peaks and thought that while everyone is sitting around hungover, I can get out riding for a few hours.

Can anyone recommend any moderate routes in the area? Possibly provide a GPX? Any help appreciated otherwise I’ll dig out the paper OS maps and search for bridleways. I’m probably looking for around 20-25 miles.

Thanks, Andy.

Graham_Clark

Bit sparse round there…. Will you have use of a car as if you can drive a bit there are many more options.?
    I’ll have a look when I get back to a computer for some route ideas and a gpx anyhow…

chambord
    Free Member

Yes I will have the car with me. Thanks for looking.

Andy

Esme
    Free Member

Strongly recommend you AVOID the bridleway running south from Warslow towards Grindon . . . although the River Manifold is nearby, to clean up in afterwards 🙄

munkster
    Free Member

“Manifold Valley” in the Vertebrate White Peak book goes around that neck of the woods – I have a Tracklog file of it I could convert to gpx if you wanted that. I honestly can’t remember if I ever rode it or just plugged it into Tracklogs for if/when I do!

Drop me an email if you want it – as I say I can’t say for sure what the route is like but the book says it’s a “red”, 24.5km with 770m of climbing.

chambord
    Free Member

Munkster that sounds perfect. Red routes are fine I just haven’t plucked up the courage to try black yet.

I just use gpx because I know it works with mmtracker for android. No idea whether a tracklog file will work.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Riding in the South Peak District near Hartlington’ is closed to new replies.