• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by Mac.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Riding in the French Pyrenees – Living in Toulouse
  • Mac
    Free Member

I’m currently living in Toulouse and now that the end of the ski-season is approaching I want to go riding in the Pyrenees. Only thing is I don’t know where.

So Singletrackworld-Massive. Where do you recommend?

So far I’ve been biking about Toulouse. I’ve found a forrest near to the airport which is pretty ok (Boucone), a dirt jump park (for those that may be interested) beside the Canal de Midi and that’s about it. I’d really welcome any suggestions or advice.

From google I’ve heard good things about Luchon which is where Bikemagicwent on a bit of a holiday. Also seen some people talk about Super Bagneres and Ax-les Thermes. Be interested to know where you guys have been.

nickjb
    Free Member

We’ve got friends in the area and occasionally ride around there.

Super Bagneres is in Luchon. Its a brilliant place to go riding. You get a huge amount of height from the lift and there loads of good singletrack down. Plenty of good up-hill riding in the area, too. Only about 2 hours from Toulouse.

There’s a large forest about an hour NE of Toulouse that has some good trails. I’ll try and remeber the name.

rich_tee
    Free Member

I knew this would come in useful! I picked up a biking leaflet from the area.

There are a number of routes which are specifically designed for bikes. Not sure if its Mountain bike or road though

1.Toulouse to Saint-Rustice 21Km. Extend to Tarn-et Garonne
    2.Toulouse to Port-Lauragais 49km, can continue to Seuil de Naurouze in the Aude.

If you wanted to follow La Garonne you can get a train from Toulouse to Carbonne, Martres-Tolosane or Saint-Gaudens and cycle a bit back but I guess its mainly canal track.

more forest stuff at:

* Forêt de Bouconne
    * Forêt d’Eaunes
    * Forêt de Buzet sur Tarn (North East of Toulouse)

slowmedown
    Free Member

No need to wait, head to the Tarn gorge area, rode in the Dourbie gorge last week, 7hrs, great day plenty up plenty down. Limestone gorges, singletrack tends to be fairly technical and rocky, slippy in the wet and often steep, excellent! most descents between 400m and 600m. Cevennes is full of ace riding, but there is still snow over about 1100m.

I’m a couple of hrs from toulouse, direct train if you dont have a car, email jusandrhiatyahoo if you fancy getting together for a spin sometime…

Mac
    Free Member

Thanks for all the advice guys!

Anybody else got any suggestions?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Riding in the French Pyrenees – Living in Toulouse’ is closed to new replies.