Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Riding in the Dordogne
  • godihatehills
    Free Member

So – as a last minute change to holiday plans my wife has decided that the weather in Snowdonia looks pony next week, certInly not ideal for a week’s camping with a 5 year old.
    As a result we’re now off to the Dordogne….
    I’ve been there before Avec road bike but was wondering if it was worth taking le vtt instead… If so xc or gnarfatenduroplaybike? Nice quiet roads are easy to find – trails less so…

djglover
    Free Member

As a fell runner, I really struggled to find anywhere to run off road last year. That was near Sarlat, a road bike would have been great but VTT looks pretty limited.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Have a look on utawagavtt.com also geoportal.gouv.fr and switch on ign maps. I was recently at Normandy coast and there where very few paths / tracks so it was mostly road riding locally. A lot of Framce is like that withoit our network of paths

Dordogne is lovely, plenty to do on the river and miles of quieter country lanes and sunflower fields. If you take your mtb put some xc tyres on or roadish/gnarmac or as you say just take the roadie/gnarmac

Example near Begerac. Easy to create an acount and download gpx to my phone (viewranger) or a proper gps

Sample Route

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ti_pin_man
    Free Member

big place, buy a map and use the GR’s. I did it like 15 years ago and found some nice natural trails and the French don’t seem to get to bothered if you get lost.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Riding in the Dordogne’ is closed to new replies.