Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Riding in the Dolomites specifically Cortina
  • Ferris-Beuller
    Free Member

Evening folks,

Has anyone been over to the Dolomites and done any riding??

Me and t’other half are looking at heading over. We’ve got somewhere to stay and the riding sounds ok…..but some proper real life experiences would be even better! It claims to have a bike park, sounds ok

As always, any comments please feel free to inspire me!! 🙂

jonba
    Free Member

Went through there on Road bikes a few weeks ago. Looked like there was some good off road riding around the area. Vague memories of some wooden jumps in the valley and plenty of signs for Mtbs.

Maybe try strava to see if there is much going on?

Ferris-Beuller
    Free Member

Cheers Jonba, thats more than i / we’ve found on the web! Plenty of other stuff to be getting on with. It looks stunning!

Sandwich

I rode in San Martino di Castrozza last year. Some very steep and technical riding downhill. Some long climbs up to 2200m from 700-ish.
    Riding through the remains of the WW1 trenches was sobering at 2000-ish metres. It was fun but outside my comfort zone being from the flatlands of Suffolk.

jonba
    Free Member

There were lots of shops in the town. Maybe they can help. Again google may be your friend.

I came across this one fairly easily.

https://www.facebook.com/Slalomcortina

Couple of big lifts around as well so must be options to come back down.

professor_fate
    Free Member

Spent a long week there last summer as part of an alpine roadtrip. There’s only 2 lifts around Cortina itself so it’s more a place to explore with a topo map and using a lift to gain initial height. Some awesome trailriding to be had if you don’t mind exploring, with the trails largely to yourself. I really enjoyed the area but i had my car to get around the valleys. There was a bikepark to the west side of Cortina served by a cablecar so you’d need to time it well!

breninbeener

In the dark ages before Strava, i used a site called Wikiloc. It is very easy to use the map to find other peoples routes and download them as a gpx file to follow on your gps unit. It may be of some value to you.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Riding in the Dolomites specifically Cortina’ is closed to new replies.