Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Riding in the Canarie islands suggestions
  • mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Were thinking of escaping the good ship UK for a place where rainfall is an ocasional anoyance and not a permanant fixture.

Were thinking of going to the Canaries in April but can’t do a solid week of Beach and were thinking of riding road or MTB which we could hire while we were there.

Anyone done it?

Which Island is best for either road or mountain?
    If we can pick an island where we can do most thing with only reasonable amount of cash and planning that would be perfect.
    Thanks

shermer75
    Free Member

I haven’t been myself buy I hear Lanzarote is mighty fine for the road riding. I went hiking with the mrs in Tenerife and La Gomera in December and loved it!

andrw13
    Free Member

Tenerife is good. Get in touch with Lavatrax if you want to ride MTB.
    Bike Point Tenerife if you want to hire a road bike. You’ll need to like climbing if you choose road and can climb from sea level up Mount Teide for a few 1000m of vertical ascent.
    Gran Canaria also has good road surfaces.

Terra

I went with these guys in Gran Canaria. Great day out.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Thanks for that, just back from work hence the delay. I’ll get looking at those as I bloody need something to look forward to!

falkirk-mark

Darren at Lavatrax, Tenerife

Candodavid
    Free Member

Hired a road bike from Free-motion in gran canaria, plastic cannodale thing, set up nice, good avice on where to ride, great surface to ride on……worked for me for 10 days

vdubber67
    Free Member

La Gomera is nice and quiet for road riding, but not much flat! 🙂

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Lanzarote is better on the north part of the Island. It is very windy!
    Fuertaventura is OK for road, but very little on the Northern half. Also VERY windy.

I want to go to Gran Canaria next and I have heard that La Palma is also very good, for road and MTB.

dekadanse
    Free Member

Tenerife’s like the surface of the moon – all volcanic lava. Some great canyons but don’t come off unless you fancy your skin in a cheese grater.

blob
    Free Member

Freemotion in gran canaria do some great mtb and road rides – really good Canondale bikes for hire too

chipster

A couple of friends and I have ridden both MTB and road with Freemotion. Really enjoyed it.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Riding in the Canarie islands suggestions’ is closed to new replies.