Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Riding in Thailand – Khao Lak
  • r8jimbob88
    Free Member

Morning folks,

I’m heading to Thailand in December for 2 weeks with the wife. Staying in Khao Lak.

I normally ride 6 – 7 days a week inc commuting and the thought of not riding for 2 weeks haunts me! Anyone know anything about the cycling scene over there? Even if its just a few hours here and there, that’ll keep me happy. I’d need to rent a bike, either road or MTB.

aidem
    Free Member

jimbob, I stayed in Khao Lak in April, beautiful place, lots to see and do in the area, didn’t do any biking myself while i was there but there are loads of travel agencies in town that organize tours etc, maybe take a look at http://www.khaolaklovers.com for starters.

r8jimbob88
    Free Member

Thanks i’ll take a look.

I get the feeling that rim brakes, fully rigid and plastic pedals may be the order of the day 😯

nickjb
    Free Member

Are you staying south the whole time? There’s some great riding in the north as well a whole load of other stuff. We had a good uplift in Chiang mai on proper bikes (a stinky and a demo 9). We did a little jungle walking in the south and the trails would’ve been good for a ride if you can source a bike.

stewartc
    Free Member

As per Nick, if you can get up north try X-Biking at Chiang Mai, great bunch of guys.

Was there in April and going back in October.

trevron73
    Free Member

Plus 1 for up North , Chang Mai has X biking and you can hire other bikes from around the city , I have a home in the North east near the Phu pan mountains so get the choice of riding around the Basin farms and villages or the mountains , Java have a strong following all around Thailand and should be able to offer advice on rental (Java think carbon frames hollow tech bb and decent brakes ) Also a sizeable Fat biking community all over Thailand . If you go cycling take a Garmin and pre plot the routes as out of town in villages most won’t speak english and signs will be in Thai . My Garmin is my best friend out there on a 50 k ride it is proper easy to get lost .

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Riding in Thailand – Khao Lak’ is closed to new replies.