Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Riding in St Leonards Forest, West sussex??
  • jakeg1
    Free Member

Hi, i’m new to the Horsham area, i currently work at the Crabtree in Lower Beeding and have heard there’s some good singletrack in St Leonards Forest?
    can anyone tell me how to find it or is anyone going there soon that i could tag along with?
    i usually go to Whiteways Lodge on the Southdowns Way or over to Holmbury St Mary/Leith Hill area! would be good to find somewhere closer to work to ride as there’s a few of us from the Crabtree who ride!
    Any help would be appreciated, cheers

lock
    Free Member

I’m in that area always riding tailgate /st leanords ,it’s not amazing just good classic single track , message me

Jim_Kirk
    Free Member

SussexMuddyarse

they always have a ride there wednesday nights and other days too.

Ping Woodsman on here and he’ll be able to show you around…

lock
    Free Member

You had a play over tilgate yet ?

Could do something this sat

jakeg1
    Free Member

nope havent played anywhere over that direction yet! unfortunately being a chef means i work most weekends so sat is out of the question, this week at least! will have to check next weeks rotor and see when im off next! in all honesty good classic singletrack sounds good to me 🙂

MarcSussex
    Free Member

I ride there as well as Tilgate a fair amount, so know my way around.

If you need some pointers for singletrack send me an e-mail.

You may also wish to google Horsham Mountain Bike Club.

bigben69
    Free Member

If you ring freeborn in horsham and speak to paul or jim they have loads of rides during the week, and weekends… great bunch to ride with… around pitch hill is wicked!!
    Heres there number 01403 251252
    Safe ridin buddy!! 😀

lock
    Free Member

I usually get to ride through the week as well,what’s ur email ?

Am I blind I can’t see where to personal message someone

jakeg1
    Free Member

lol same as, i cant see where to pm on here!
    email is jake_g1@hotmail.co.uk

@marc
    sussex whats ur email so i can msg you?

bigsi
    Free Member

You might want to check this out –

null

Some of the guys work shifts and are up for midweek rides. Worth a look. Also some good stuff going on at Stanmer Park just off the A27 at Brighton which is worth a look, same forum 😉

freeridenick
    Free Member

I work in Colgate just behind the forest. I often run in there lunchtime and ride on the odd occasion in the summer – its wet as at the moment….

The trails can be described as average at best.

Strangely the other day there were 2 strange chaps digging 6 ft deep in that bottle pit at the top of the best section of singletrack – god knows what they were doing!

jakeg1
    Free Member

cheers for the emails guys, good of you to take the time! lock i’ll be in touch, and marc the directions will be of good use thanks 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Riding in St Leonards Forest, West sussex??’ is closed to new replies.