Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Riding in Slovenia
  • dbukdbuk
    Free Member

Hi

Mrs B and I are looking at Slovenia for our next biking trip. Anyone been? If so who did you go with (we’ll be looking at guided riding).

CycleActive looks like a good option at the moment but would be good to hear from anyone who has been.

Cheers

DB

Trekster

Been to Bovec/Soca valley and Lake Bohinj but have only bought a map and went exploring.
    The mag did an article a while back..
    Try a search, been posted a few times.
    Great place to holiday 😆

oldfart

Me and a mate went with Cycleactive in September . Brilliantly looked after by Ani and his family , there farmhouse was in an idyllic setting . The mid ride feasts were EPIC , 1st one was 3 courses all home made hospitality was fantastic . There weather has been pants this last Summer , but we were lucky the week we went . The only day it rained they rescheduled everything so we did the underground biking in the disused lead mine . That was an unforgettable experience , above ground spectacular scenery , miles of Singletrack , as technical as you want it ( or not ) . The visit to the bike park on Petza mountain took in the longest flow trail in Europe , that was hilarious . Check out the head cam footage on You Tube .If you want to know anything else give us a shout .

finners

nothing to add regards a biking holiday. But i have to say Slovenia is one of the nicest places i have visited, and ive been around. Stunning country. Spent time around Lake Bled and from what i can gather theres plenty biking around. Any gondolas that are in use can, apparently, be real dodgy. According to a chap i talked to on a lift in Chatel in the summer.

oldfart

Gondolas on Petza mountain seemed fine . Lifties not as easy on the eye as some in Whistler but can’t have it all ! 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Riding in Slovenia’ is closed to new replies.