Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Riding in provence
  • the_chosen_llama
    Free Member

My girlfriend and i are heading to provence over the summer for a few weeks with a view to scout places to move to permanently in the future. Part of the criteria is somewhere nearby to ride, so has anyone ridden any good areas in provence! any type of riding is ok
    Thanks
    Paul

jools182
    Free Member

Do you need a lodger?

Cleans up after himself, can cook

juan
    Free Member

Well i’d love to help, but can you be more specific about localisation?

the_chosen_llama
    Free Member

Well we were centring around aix as my girlfriend had lived their before but due to money i think we will be looking north/north east of there. Maybe towards ventoux area. We are literally open to ideas!

I think more plumbing and electricing will be useful to what we will be buying than cooking and cleaning! If you can do that…

mildbore

I used to camp near Mt vent our a few years ago and take my mob. Plenty of bridleways marked on the map but a bit hit and miss on the ground, lots of scope to explore but there was a local group used to ride from bus let baronies midweek so you could shortcut the hit and miss phase. Harsh terrain,limestone, unfriendly vegetation. Good luck, have fun

jools182
    Free Member

I can wire a plug and fix a leaking tap…

cynic-al
    Free Member

That gorge looks good. Busy tho.

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

I’ve only been road riding there, but it was incredible.

Some info in this thread: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/ventoux-road-trip

neilthewheel

Hmmmm – anywhere good to ride in the Ventoux area? Let me think…

the_chosen_llama
    Free Member

Ive heard of a downhill place at ventoux, ill only have an ‘all mountain’ bike so road riding is a no go, shame.
    Got this, Utagawavtt.com., off the links pleaderwilliams that could be useful.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Riding in provence’ is closed to new replies.