Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Riding in Lynton, Devon
  • MoggyMtb
    Free Member

Hello. Going on holiday to Lynton, and thinking about taking the bike. Can anyone tell me if its worth it and any suggested routes? Never been there before.
    Ta.

PenrodPooch
    Free Member

Its on Exmoor, so it should be a goer right! Never been myself like

Reluctant
    Free Member

Worth taking a bike. You're right on the edges of Exmoor which has some great riding – just strike out with an OS map, you'll be fine. Even if you get lost the scenery's so beautiful you won't care.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Surf-Mat
    Free Member

This months WMB has a good Exmoor riding guide.

There's also this:

http://www.activeexmoor.com/site/activity-finder/just-ride-exmoor-mountain-bike-adventures-p748513

MoggyMtb
    Free Member

Cheers guys and thanks for the link

snaps
    Free Member

Loads of good stuff up on Brendon common include the Badgworthy water decent & some great views from the bridalways above the coast path towards Porlock.

bassspine
    Free Member

Exmoor is good for some very steep windy rocky little bridlepaths, heaping big climbs and big views. singlespeed territory 🙂

The quantocks aren't what you'd call far away from there either…

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Most of my Exmoor rides start from Porlock which is only 15mins from Lynton/Lynmouth. Some mega riding around there.

beamers

One of may fave Exmoor routes here:

https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AZs4MdpaEfSDZDZidHhwdF8wcno0bjl4Yzg&hl=en

Lynton is just off to the NW.

spacemonkey

We were there last Sep when the weather was still decent. No opportunity to have taken my bike but I'd be back there with it given the choice. Awesome scenery – even just heading along some of the coastal trails will give you incredible views out to sea.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Do you see that little traversing trail on right of snaps' picture?

Top cheekyness that is! 😉

beamers

Do you see that little traversing trail on right of snaps' picture?

Top cheekyness that is!

Would that be here

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

indeed

Starrman28
    Free Member

We rode Exmoor last weekend headig out of Porlock, really top riding, Hawk Combe and the terrace that drop back into porlock are great. Lots of Granny Ring climbing if you like it, up to Selworthy beacon from Porlock is a test.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Riding in Lynton, Devon’ is closed to new replies.