Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 96 total)
  • Riding in London again…(riding content)
  • duntmatter
    Free Member

Right people. Those lucky souls that enjoyed the last London ride will have the chance to do it all again.

pics, route, Facebook group n that

Quite a few of you missed it (some by mere minutes), so now’s your chance to make the next one.

I’m thinking along similar lines.. meet centrally, explore for a couple of hours, end at a pub somewhere.

Two things need to be settled:

1. Date
    2. Route

Aaand….Go!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I may be off the bike for a little while… 😯

duntmatter
    Free Member

Bummer. Can’t you ride one handed?

brakes
    Free Member

if I come along do I have to talk to people?

Hairychested
    Free Member

Sunday two weeks’ time?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Can’t you ride one handed?

Mate, I can’t get the stone out of an avocado without hospitalising meself. D’you think that’s really a good idea??!

duntmatter
    Free Member

😆

psychle
    Free Member

I’m out of the country till the end of the month… off to Guatemala (wa-hey 🙂 ) so will probably miss this one as well 🙁

Goodgey
    Free Member

Sunday 29th March

duntmatter
    Free Member

Sunday 29th it is then.

Now.. route ideas?

solamanda
    Free Member

Is it a strictly xc pootle affair or any room for novice grade street malarkey enroute?

I’m only a maybe till nearer the time.

RepacK
    Free Member

I could probably make this one – if I can drag myself away from Marin County’s finest singletrack & Ales…

london_lady
    Free Member

RudeBoy – you can always go on the back of our tandem 😀

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I’d go, but can’t do 29th 😥

Goodgey
    Free Member

Would suggest getting a route idea before we leave, would like to explore maybe more west this time.

Also cut down on the time in the pub.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Also cut down on the time in the pub.

Are you mad?? That’s the whole point!!!! 😯

Could do one Eastwards, past Docklands, over on the Woolwich Ferry, then up along past the Dome to Greenwich and that. End up back on the South Bank (convenient for most people). That’s quite an inertesting route. West of the City tends to be a bit fiddly for bikes, as there are less decent cycle lanes and that. Westminster isn’t very cycle friendly, ime. West End is a nightmare, really, too. I think it’s best to keep to places away from roads. A route along the River, past Chelsea and to Hammersmith is not bad, but not a great deal to see. A pleasant summer afternoon pootle, mind.

Hairychested
    Free Member

And then you ride via Barnes, Roehampton to Richmond Park. I like it Westwards.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Ah good I can do this one :o) and I’m easy on route, it would just be nice to meet people.

I’ve cycled the tandem (and GF) eastwards and back from Greenwich past the dome, thames barrier and a bit further and can confirm it is cycle friendly and pleasant but nothing more than a nice pootle.
    When I visited a mate near city airport I didn’t find the roads from Westminster to there to be very cycle friendly, but I didn’t hunt out the small roads so there are probably better routes.

Westward does offer Richmond park which is quite pleasant.

Neil

Hairychested
    Free Member

What time and where are we meeting? By The London Eye? 10a.m.? Let’s do it!

aP
    Free Member

What – to go west?
    Might bring the tandem this time, maybe with the bob-yak for extra girth (and sandwiches).
    Hmmm… 10am start – maybe if we get up early we could go via Borough Market and pick up some coffee and cheese. mmmmmmmmmmm.

theflatboy
    Free Member

i think i’m away, but if not i’m there…

aP
    Free Member

There’s always the jumps by Teddington lock for blood/grazes action.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Most have been flattened by the local busybodies IIRC. Loads of totty in Richmond Park, mind you 🙂

duntmatter
    Free Member

10am by the Eye for a 10.15 departure worked nicely last time. I’m easy on the route too. We have to end at a pub though. If we go East the next one can be West, or vice versa.

If we’re going West this time (more people have talked about that) let’s have West experts suggesting good bits to weave into the route. What’s been said so far sounds like a good basis, but rolling along a pedestrian-heavy river route might need spicing up a bit.

Oh yeah, did I mention we need a pub to end at?

tootallpaul

Did someone mention totty?

I’m game for a bimble. Especially a bimble with a pub.

29th it is. I’ll be on my 29er.

:o)

Hairychested
    Free Member

On a Kona A with no discs and little suspension. And no stamina either. Do we want a nice pub or a cheap one? Can’t think of both in one in West London. Anybody?

whippersnapper
    Free Member

a nice cheap one please

CliveA

Weekend? London? Ale?

The three often go together for me. Adding bikes to it sounds even better.

Count me in. 🙂

Hairychested
    Free Member

How about a pub crawl along the Thames? We’ll all get very merry by the time we reach Richmond Bridge

duntmatter
    Free Member

Any ideas?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Eye-South Bank-Tat Modern-London Bridge-Tower-Wapping-Canary Wharf-Docklands-Woolwich Ferry-Dome-Greenwich* (pub stop)-Deptford-Rotherhithe-Tower Bridge-City Hall-Borough Market (pub stop)-South Bank-Eye.

*Option of getting the Riverbus back into Central London. Bring Oyster card, as you’ll get a discount. A couple of quid more without.

History, culture, engineering stuff, boat ride(s), architecture, beer- what more could you want or possibly need???

The odd step thing to jump off, for the foolish adventurous.

Virtually all along paths, or quiet roads. A good 2-3 hours of riding, plus some very good pubs, and fantastic views of London.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Pictorial route guide:

RudeBoy
    Free Member

RudeBoy
    Free Member

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

That building is stunningly beautiful.

WTF is it ? 😯

RudeBoy
    Free Member

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Ah ……… just seen on the url – it’s the Tate_Modern.

Remind me to close my eyes until I’m inside, if ever I get the urge to look at some meaningless poncy pictures.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

RudeBoy
    Free Member

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 96 total)

The topic ‘Riding in London again…(riding content)’ is closed to new replies.