• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by m360.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Riding in fog safer in the dark?
  • Mister-P
    Free Member

It’s meant to be very foggy on my commute tomorrow morning so I’m thinking of leaving earlier than usual. For one the roads should be quieter but also if it’s dark then my lights and reflectives should stand out more as every car should have their headlights on. Or is my logic as foggy as the weather?

whitestone
    Free Member

Significant numbers of cars/vans didn’t have their lights on driving through the fog this AM. Also the schools have gone back so the roads are back to being busy.

MoreCashThanDash

Lots of cars without lights this morning. Usually the ones who don’t slow down for fog as well.

Quite a few cyclists without lights as well mind.

thorpie
    Free Member

Could hardly see in front of my face this morning in the dark and fog! Bit sketchy down the road I can normally travel at 30mph plus on the bike, even when I know the road. A bloke scared the shit out of me on the cycle path as well, appeared out of no where. Doing it again at half five tomorrow!

molgrips
    Free Member

Some good bright lights should light up a big area of fog so you might well be more visible.

m360
    Free Member

You can use your lights during the day as well you know. I reckon that would be just as safe/unsafe as cycling in the fog at any other time.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Riding in fog safer in the dark?’ is closed to new replies.