Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • riding in and around monmouth
  • mlewis
    Free Member

hello,

I ‘ve got a job in Monmouth starting this September. Any one on here know of any groups based in the area. Cross country racing routes/groups would be good. I know that there is lods of riding in the area. The FoD is only up the hill.

Cheers.

Matt Lewis

bonj
    Free Member

isn’t cwm carn nearby there?

franki
    Free Member

You could try these guys:
    [list]http://www.rdfcc.org.uk/[/list]

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Bedds
    Free Member

Hey.. I know there are a few people on here that ride in the Forest (as do I) if you want to drop me an e-mail I’m happy to show you some of the trails around 🙂

sharki
    Free Member

If you want racy stuff FOD maybe more for you, the stuff in the woods is more for thrash about with mates…..still great fun though.

MSP

As well as the FoD, you are in easy reach of some cracking rides around Crickhowel (could have got that town name wrong) and the beacons. Have a look here

mlewis
    Free Member

Cheers.

Yes Cwmacarn is really close but I was after groups for midweek rides after work etc. I don’t want to go riding on my own all the time and local guides are the best to find the good stuff. Cheers Bedds. I’ll drop you a line once I get down there.

Matt

sheppie_hill
    Free Member

Dirt Magazine is both in/near monmouth and so are their test trails.

I understand there are weekly rides arranged on Wed or Thursday evenings from Monmouth bridge.

I used to live in Redbrook just down the Wye Valley road from there… lovely area and some really good riding.

smiffy

You’d have to be pretty weird to want to travel to Cwm Carn from Monmouth, going past so much better riding. Smiffy (Monmouthshire boy).

mlewis
    Free Member

From the bridge sounds ideal, Sheppie hill. Any ideas what time? I can’t jump to save my life though more into long miles, xc racing, technical stuff just not jumping 10ft jumps.

Matt

-m-
    Free Member

(could have got that town name wrong)

Close enough. Crickhowell.

redthunder
    Free Member

HighMmeadow Woods my dear boy 🙂

psling
    Free Member

There are a couple of groups ride out of Monmouth including one riding on Weds eves as sheppie_hill says. One of the groups have a xc / triathalon background so may suit your riding.
    As redthunder suggests, there is some more rad dude riding close by too.

I live in Monmouth and would be happy to meet up when you get down here. I know the FoD and Wye Valley pretty well, don’t mind long miles but xc racing pace is long past!

Monmouth is a great base. As well as FoD and Wye Valley you are close to Black Mountains, Brecon Beacons, Malverns, The Marches, Cotswolds, Cwm Carn, Afan Argoed / Glyncorryg, and more 😀

mattsccm
    Free Member

Tufty, 7.30 Weds

mlewis
    Free Member

Thanks all,

I’ll pester you all as soon as I get down there, it will be different to North London.

Where or what is tufty?

Matt

psling
    Free Member

“Tufty” is the Tufthorn Inn which is at Milkwall, Coleford about 7 or 8 miles from Monmouth. A group ride from there on Weds nights.

The guys that ride from the Wye Bridge at Monmouth on Weds nights meet on the bridge at 18.30 throughout the year. They would make you welcome (having mentioned it to one of them yesterday!) 🙂

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘riding in and around monmouth’ is closed to new replies.