Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Riding home for a pint with Dad
  • ojom
    Free Member

Paul n I are going to sex you so hard this weekend.

markcurtains
    Free Member

Fantastic story and very well written. Loved it.

richpips
    Free Member

Great write up.

gringo

What a great story! Brightened up my evening. Well done!

ianfitz
    Free Member

Lovely. Good work sir

scotroutes

Nice to see it all written down after your various Facebook posts. It’ll give you something extra to remember your Dad by too. A pint will be forthcoming tomorrow evening.

I’ll have to pass your name onto Laura at Sustrans to see if she can coax you into a bit of volunteering.

flaps
    Free Member

Get the pics up! 🙂
    You probably passed by our house next to Old Moor, Barnsley/Rotherham, I’m guessing you’ll have done our pub ride to Sprotborough too and up by the viaduct?
    I think it’s great around here for being able to get out and put some miles down on the TPT, traffic free.
    Well done on what sounds like a tough but worthwhile experience.

Wookster

Loved that! Great adventure mate! 😀

singletrackmind

Great ride and write up
    Thats a fair few miles as well
    Your Dad would be proud

jimmy

Scotroutes – Laura White? Already in cahoots. Chat tmrow…

Flaps – the viaduct that’s being retarmac’d just now? That was gold as I was sitting on razor blades by that point.

myopic
    Free Member

Sounds epic, Jimmy, well done!

Superficial
    Free Member

Cool, well done. Pictures would be great when you can but it was a great read nonetheless.

fatboyjon

Nice one Jimmy, great ride and great read.

craig24
    Free Member

Amazing stuff and beltin write up! I’m sure your Dads proud of what you’ve achieved.

Would love to see the photos.

RustySpanner

Brilliant stuff, your dad would be proud.

Let us know if you’re ever round Burnley way, you definitely deserve a pint for that.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Excellent adventure and a great write up.. A+

nathb
    Free Member

Great write up, enjoyed reading your adventure!

globalti
    Free Member

Fantastic story! Well written and compelling. And what an apprenticeship in cycle touring; after that, any journey will seem a breeze.

I’m a dad to a 17 year-old cyclist and I’d be proud if he did something like that.

lowey

Brilliant. What a great read. Well done mate… your Dad would be made up.

big_scot_nanny

Brilliant stuff, cheers for sharing 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yes I too enjoyed that read, so much rings true.

josemctavish
    Free Member

Thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed reading that – would love to see pictures too!

jimmy

OK so the pictures are here.

There’s not many and they’re not great because of the time pressures to keep moving. Most were taken in the “leisurely” first 24 hours!

Kahurangi

Really enjoyed reading your write-up, thanks for sharing your personal and geographical adventure.

£20 + gift aid your way sir, as you’re too far from here to buy you a pint.

jimmy

Massive thanks to all who have donated – I’ve now broken the £3k barrier which is phenomenal.

flaps
    Free Member

Flaps – the viaduct that’s being retarmac’d just now? That was gold as I was sitting on razor blades by that point.

Yeah that’s the one. They have recently tarmacked quite a lot of that stretch, it’s now winter weather ready 🙂

ChrisA
    Free Member

Excellent lunchtime reading, great write up & well done

thenorthwind

I’m a bit late to the party (been away) but great write-up. It’s good to remember that adventure is whatever takes you out of your comfort zone, however that may be. The bit about Sunderland captures that perfectly (and made me laugh since Newcastle is my adopted home).

Although they’re “permanent hiatus,” I’m sure this is something the Diprose brothers would love to have in The Ride Journal if they ever make another issue. Send it to them, you never know!

jimmy

tnw – thanks, I asked the ride journal but they have no plans to revive the journal at this time 🙁

thenorthwind

In some ways I think that’s the right decision – quitting while you’re ahead and all that – but it’s a great shame that your piece wasn’t in it.

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Riding home for a pint with Dad’ is closed to new replies.