Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Riding holiday with childcare?
  • davidj

Unfortunately our clever plans to go riding in the alps for a week in the summer with childcare for our 2 year old have fallen through.

Does anyone know or have experience of a riding destination with childcare available or organised? Open to all sorts of ideas, both here and abroad. The boy will be 2.5 come the summer.

thanks in advance.

big_scot_nanny

There are many “kinderhotels” in Austria and Swtizerland, most of which offer some form of childcare.

From personal recommendation, we have just come back from Kinderhotel Muchetta, near Davos, which our three kids (1.5, 5 and 7) had a fab time with (so did we). the wee one was in a “crehce” with excellent staff and very few other children. It is a small hotel with wonderful childcare philosophy, great care in a creche for wee ones under 3, and a bigger kids club for those older than three, younger than 8.

Riding around Davis seems cracking, they (Davos) are investing heavily in it, new trails etc, lots of advertising around, so should be good. I can certainly highly recommend the skiing.

HTH!

Kev

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

we went away with Bike Verbier last summer with mates and their 1 year old. They organised for a British nanny/child minder to look after him and it was arrange on a daily basis, although it wasn’t cheap! But they were very happy with the care they recevied.

davidj

big_scot_nanny: That’s great – thank you, I didn’t know they existed. Any tips on riding in Davos?

Fran: That was us you muppet! Unfortunately there isn’t space for all of us (otherwise we would have taken him) and our reserve option has fallen through.

ianv
    Free Member

Most of the bigger French resorts have creches, we used the one in les gets years ago and it was pretty good. Language might be a problem though.

big_scot_nanny

LOL on Fran’s conclusions 😆

David, unfortunately I am yet to bike in Davos, I only know they are investing heavily in the mtb infrastructure and are advertising hard, so I imagine it will be cracking fun. No doubt there will be some guiding etc available.

Kev

EDIT: actually, I might even go back to that hotel with the family in the summer, it was so bloody good and the biking looks great. Give me a shout if you fancy it, maybe we can hook up (I am based in Basel).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Riding holiday with childcare?’ is closed to new replies.