Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Riding from railway stations nr Leeds?
  • snotrag

Let’s just say I’m without a car for a few weeks. Want to get back on my bikes, so any ideas for routes? I can get into Leeds easy on the train, then where from there?
    I’m going to start by a ride along the canal on my commuter, but I’m after more proper offroad routes. I’m guessing heading west will give best results?

Simon

Good riding from the stations at Bingley, Saltaire and Ilkley.

ajf
    Free Member

If Leeds is where you are heading then probably up the meanwood trail, to harewood then back down the same way.

Or go out again, hebden bridge is only £4.60 return from Leeds.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    snotrag

Yes thats what I means – Out again from Leeds. As you say, I guess upo Hebden Bridge/Pennines is the way to head.

Strangely, though I’ve ridden lots in Wales, Scotland, and the Peak district when I lived there, I’ve hardly gone anywhere at all in my native West Yorkshire.

Anyone in the area fancy guiding me on a midweek ride from somewhere with a train station?

marco
    Free Member

Plenty of good trails from either Halifax or Sowerby bridge. I live in Elland which is 10mins away fron Hfx. Hebden bridge too.

TomB

Nice article on rides from Settle in a recent singletrack, I think. Was thinking of training down from Cumbria on the Carlisle- Settle railway for a day…..
    I think you can get there from Leeds?

chipps

Train to Hebden or Todmorden and you can be off road in seconds…

snotrag

interesting that someone bumped this. Hopefully I’ll have my new bike built ip this week – I’ve bought an OL 21 so will head up that way and make something up.

domino

Train to Skipton and head into the Dales.

thepodge
    Free Member

Train to Hebden or Todmorden and you can be off road in seconds…

where the bloody hell do all you lot ride in Tod? I lived there till i was 18 and spent a good 99% of my time on illegal trails / foot paths and the park woods when I wasn’t razzing down the canal bank to hang out in the (now closed) Hebden bike shop.

as soon as I move out Brant & Chipps move in and suddenly its some biking Mecca.

i think i need to visit my dad more often and hide out round the STW office then tail you round the hills.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Riding from railway stations nr Leeds?’ is closed to new replies.