• This topic has 46 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by 40mpg.
Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Riding for 24 hours. (have you ever or would you fancy).
  • Duane…
    Free Member

Did Relentless 24 solo a couple years back. Overall, great fun. Think I did 16 laps, 216km.

Was very lucky that the weather was great the whole time, bike worked fine, and had a couple good mates supporting me. Plus, being a student, I was OK with all-nighters!

D0NK

but i have a urge to ride my bike for as many miles as i can in 24 hours,

me too. I guess doing one normally would be an option but riding on public roads whilst sleep deprived is not something I really fancy. Likewise riding 24hrs offroad on my own (I’m not sure how compatible a 24hr and a group ride is) if I hit problems in the wilds may not be the brightest idea.

currently trying to decide which 24hr event to have a go at – won’t be the puffer tho I’m just daft, not a masochistic, self hating, loon.
    🙂

dunmail
    Free Member

On road, head out in one general direction for twelve hours then turn round and ride back home.

Off-road, do one of the self-supported http://www.selfsupporteduk.net/ rides. Though they are intended as ITTs there’s nothing to stop you riding one as a group for a personal challenge.

geoffj

I could be up for this if logistics can be sorted.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

i like this loop, done buy the alpkit guy

https://www.alpkit.com/deeds/the-loopy-loop

DavidB
    Free Member
    40mpg

We once did a monumental and fondly remembered ride in this nature.

It started one after noon in a pub, we had a vague target and all-night passes. So down to the Isle of Wight ferry we pootled, over to the island, and hit the hills. Pub stop for dinner and off again. Prearranged kebab stop at 2am at the other end of the island.

Then there was some vagueness in the dark including sitting on a hill under a moonless cloudy sky in utter blackness arguing which way was up.

Back to the ferry by 7am to the ferryman’s exclamation ‘you’re up early!’. Then Pete fell asleep whilst riding his bike.

Home late morning so not quite 24hrs but a bloody good ride!

Hope yours is equally memorable 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Riding for 24 hours. (have you ever or would you fancy).’ is closed to new replies.