Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Riding during the week near derby /south peaks
  • andyfla
    Free Member

Having changed jobs from being a wage slave to running my own climbing wall (the climbing station in Loughborough ….. :-)) I have will soon have time to go riding during the week – anyone else around who fancies weekly or fortnightly rides whilst everyone else is sitting at their desks ?

I promise we will post photos for everyone to look at to wile the working day away ……

ste_t
    Free Member

I’m definitely interested. I tend to be off every Tuesday and either Wednesday or Thursday, based in Nottingham but willing to travel.

EDIT: not after a date, even if I’d did sound a little like that….

andyfla
    Free Member

its ok I have a reputation of meeting strangers in car parks anyway ….. 😀

Blackhound

I am free in the week and live in Derby. I am recently retired (54)so a little slow. Email in profile.

KidCragg
    Free Member

I’m also based in Notts and would be keen to sort out regular weekday rides in Peaks.

Get flexi time and don’t currently make the most of it!

Email in profile

chrispuppet

If you get something sorted would be interested, not often free in the week but when I am would love to come, night and weekend rides I am in. Just going to check that my e-mail is in profile so if you could keep me in the loop?
    Wouldn’t mind a go at climbing either 🙂

andyfla
    Free Member

Cool, anyone else ?
    Once I have a few emails we can get a round robin going.

MoreCashThanDash

You smug git!

Wednesday night night rides with the West Hallam posse for some jeycorelite gnarfree beer justification…..but you know that already!

andyfla
    Free Member

Yes but wouldn’t you be smug if you can ride whilst everyone else is at work ? Or in your case sitting in a tea shop somewhere

climbingkev
    Free Member

Defo, I work 4 on, 4 off and sometimes struggle for mid week riding company. Live in Matlock, bags of excellent local stuff I’d be happy to show you around, or venture further afield. Email in profile.

chrispuppet

hey climbingkev

I am ashbourne based and due to not being keen on riding alone I tend to not ride as often as I should. Would be keen to come see some trails,

andyfla
    Free Member

chrispuppet
    I am in the same situation, moved up here and mostly road ride due to not having many people to ride with.

chilled76
    Free Member

Can count me in on the ones that fall in school holidays too. I’m a Teacher and all of my riding mates get 5 weeks holiday a year, often end up going out on my own in the hols. Paul

loverofminkys

Another teacher here in the same boat as chilled76! I’m Notts based and keen to get out during the week in holidays.
    Adam

MoreCashThanDash

Can see I’m going to have to try and build up some flexi hours and come and join this party

andyfla
    Free Member

Just schedule a meeting in the peaks ?

andyfla
    Free Member

If anyone hasn’t got an email in their profile can they add one or send an email to me and I can sort a round robin

climbingkev
    Free Member

This seems to be gaining momentum. Chrispuppet (and all) email is in the profile.

Kev

chrispuppet

Looks like we have a posse! I do hope there will be a pub stop….

andyfla
    Free Member

If nocash comes there will certainly be a cake stop.

MoreCashThanDash

I’m not coming if there isn’t an online entry…..

nicolaf
    Free Member

As per chilled76 and loverofminkys, I’d be keen for some holiday and evening rides, Notts based. my email is in profile.

andyfla
    Free Member

Email has gone out – Chilled76, you got any contact details ?

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Riding during the week near derby /south peaks’ is closed to new replies.