• This topic has 56 replies, 36 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by wors.
Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Riding down steps and
  • gwaelod
    Free Member

Twiglet – are they in Odessa…

underthesun
    Free Member

underthesun
    Free Member

Oops. Pic above at Cwm Carn. Bit tricky as irregular as **** and pic doesn’t really show how steep they really are.

scruff
    Free Member

St Ives in Cornwall has some good steppage.

I wont mention Parkin Clough.

brant
    Free Member

Fun local set at top of mmmbop.

joemarshall
    Free Member

Ooh, I’d love to do the ones in the Greenwich Foot Tunnel. Big spiral staircase. A full-susser might be preferable, to preserve the spine, and of course you’d have to ensure no-one was coming up the other way…

I’m going to try and do that, and film the bastard.

http://www.unicyclist.com/index.php?page=gallery&g2_itemId=125951

They are a bit slippy slidy though and steep and tight, and yes, like you say, have someone at the bottom to check no-one is coming, you can see bugger all from the top.

I think we may have waited till the lift was going up from the bottom to run it*, cos then you don’t get noticed. We didn’t get any hassle for doing it anyway.

Joe

*When I say ‘we’ I took the sensible option of taking photos for this one. I’m a big fan of not being dead.

jojoA1
    Free Member

Devs, I reckon the giant’s steps will ‘go’ one day. They’re an ambition of mine.

mrsflash
    Free Member

brant – Member

the ones in Nutt Clough are my favorites.

you were mentioned at the bottom of Nut Clough the other night

Ooooh the fame! 😉

devs
    Free Member

Can I watch Jo? I’ll get the air ambulance on standby. I’d do them on skis but I think I can safely say they will always be beyond me on a bike.

bomberman
    Free Member

where exactly is mmmbop? i saw it in the singletrack calendar but can’t figure out where it is. can’t be far from me…

MrNutt
    Free Member

will you lot leave my Clough out of this please?

is nothing sacred?!?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I’m not having that. Doing it on a unicycle. I reckon he’s holding on to the rail. You’d have to grab it, to slow down, anyway. No way could you clear that without slowing, you’d kill yourself.

No, not having that.

phiiiiil

Looking at the angle I think he’s hopping down step by step rather than rolling down them.

That said, I’ve seen people do rolling hops at speed onto similar staircases so I wouldn’t be in the least surprised if someone could ride it. Like Joe, I prefer my limbs intact, but there are loads of 16 year olds throwing themselves off stupid things on unicycles; a mere set of stairs would be nothing.

RepackRider
    Free Member

2retro4u
    Marin County, Cali

Me in 1977

[i]Orwell was a f#$king optimist.[/i][/

brant
    Free Member

where exactly is mmmbop?

Near t’top of Jack Bridge climb, dropping off right to the packhorse bridge.

Ed-O
    Free Member

In an mmm bop they’re gone. In an mmm bop
    they’re not there.
    In an mmm bop they’re gone. in an mmm bop
    they’re not there.
    Until you lose your hair. But you don’t care….

wors
Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Riding down steps and’ is closed to new replies.