Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Riding C2C this weekend, tips?
  • andeh

On Saturday morning we’re setting off doing the off-road coast to coast ride, following the Tim Woodcock route.

We’re aiming, possibly in folly, for 5 days, stopping at Eskdale, Shap, Gritton and Chop Gate.

So, all I’m after is some tips please, things to take, stuff to avoid, places to eat, general things you wish you had known before you did it etc

Thanks

pics are more than welcome

jerseymountainbiker
    Free Member

I did the route last year carrying tent, etc. over 6 days (5 days cycling – as there was only half a day each end due to transfers).

Loved most of it although if you find my sense of humour in the bog before Tan Hill Inn I would be grateful if you could return it. The rest of the route was fine – oh and yes, that really is the route just by Crackpot even though it looks like a broken down stone wall up a 1 in 3 slope!.

Biggest tip – take time to enjoy the views – they are stunning.

Enjoy yourself, it will be great.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Boblo and o rode it last year.

http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/BikepackingfromStBeestoWhitby.

Try and pack as little as you can. We managed to eat out every night so you could dispense with carrying too much food. We were really lucky with the weather, it only rained for an hour or do on our last day.

The hoof across the moor before the Tan Hill pub would be a nightmare in the wet,mother path across it is far from obvious so take care in poor visibility.

It’s an epic ride. Stick with it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Riding C2C this weekend, tips?’ is closed to new replies.