Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Riding Brighton – Oxford…noice?
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

Thinking of a pedal from one sibling’s (London) to another’s (Woodstock actually), never been to Brighton, could make a nice 3 day gentle ride?

I presume a nice route wouldn’t be difficult to create, would B&B’s be £££ or could I rough-camp/bivvi? Or is it a crazy idea? I’d think of riding along the coast-ish to Arundel, then heading more north, maybe go long and take in some of the Cotswolds.

Any comments?

gusamc
    Free Member

what about yoof hostels or also check travelodge special deals – can get £20 nights

*quite a lot of the Thames coughpath is ridable, check canals (e,g Guildford – basingrad) http://www.cyclingfromguildford.co.uk/route3.html

bullheart
    Free Member

Give me a shout on your route and if you’re looking for company I’ll pop along!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Cheers guys.

Really wondering if it would be a pleasant wee tour?

theotherjonv

are you talking London-Brighton-Oxford, or Brighton-London-Oxford, or just Brighton-Oxford as the title.

And on or offroad? If offroad, proper, or towpath touring (or both?)

I could envisage Brighton to Oxford as a decent 2 day run with options for fun on the way if time / legs allow.

Day 1: Brighton to SDW to Downslink. Up to Cranleigh from where you can go on to the destination (Guildford – has Travelodge and Premier Inn) or have a play in the Surrey Hills and then onto the NDW and W to Guildford.

Day 2: Guildford over the army lands to Swinley, outskirts of Bracknell up to Twyford – Henley – Nettlebed – Goring or Wallingford.

From there my knowledge runs out but you’re only 15-20 miles from Oxford and you could even do Thamespath for that bit.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Ta/soz…thinking train to Brighton, road tour (unless roads are hideous?) thereafter, p’raps camping.

DrP

When you thinking of going???
    Pop by my place and I’ll sort you out coffee and cake (you’ll pass right by if heading Brighton to arundel along the coast), or I’ll come join you in brighton (beware- fixie content…..)

DrP

cynic-al
    Free Member

Thread-resurrection-mania!

I’m still in 2 minds about this, it needs to be a 2-3 day trip, on road (I’ll only have a road bike with me) and camp/bivvi-able (too skint for B&B).

Does it sound like a feasible idea for early October?

cynic-al
    Free Member

*bumps*

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Riding Brighton – Oxford…noice?’ is closed to new replies.