Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • riding at santon downham
  • pondy
    Free Member

Many years back I did a route over at santon downham, would love to try it again but I cannot for the life of me remember how I got there. Last weekend I started at brandon, rode over to high lodge followed red route for abit then a detour, past car park at sd, over river and train tracks then l turned left into a sandy car park, in the corner on this carpark I followed a little trail up a slight hill, over a sandy fire road and came to a cross roads in the trees, had a little look around but couldnt find anything else familiar so went back

aNy help to find some good routes over there?

timmys
    pondy
    Free Member

Unfortunately no, was never good at map reading. The blue looks cool though

spicystealth
    Free Member

Hi
    I’ve ridden there a few times but the last time I went (early this year) the 10 mile route I used before had been felled and the trails were dis jointed

Go on to the Timber mtb site and ask there

http://www.timbermtb.org/website/home

stu170
    Free Member

A lot has been felled and a motorbike enduro has passed through there recently and the good stuff is all chewed up. Should settle back down again. You were in the right area

pondy
    Free Member

Posted the same thing on timber and it was suggested I ask in the group ride section for some one to show me around.
    kind of sound like its not worth going for a while if its rough, I remember it being hard going before and very soft. Just wish I remembered how to get there

stu170
    Free Member

When in the car park at santon downham, after the river crossing follow it to the right go under the bridge and straight up about 20m, the trail is on your right.

pondy
    Free Member

Is this the forestry carpark closest to church etc? Follow river to the right then go under train tracks? I have seen a tunnel under tracks beford but this came out close to a sandy fire road?

cr500dom
    Free Member

http://www.easternbikemonkeys.co.uk

Get yourself on there, we`re a friendly bunch and normally something going on most weekends.
    SD has been a bit chewed up as they ran an Enduro through there a while back, but there is a great loop about 8 miles long.
    we tend to decide where to ride on the day at the moment Brandon or High lodge side, depending on the weather, but also hit Shouldham Warren and SD too.
    😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘riding at santon downham’ is closed to new replies.