• This topic has 9 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by fab.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Riding at Dalby forest
  • fab
    Free Member

In York over night on Wednesday night, so thought I would pack the bike and get a ride in at Dalby Forest, never been that way before so after any tips on parking and the best sections to ride. I guess I won’t get there until about 6.30ish so won’t have tons of time.
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Cheers

flyingmonkeycorps

You can do the whole loop in 2-3 hours, bit longer with any mechanicals / stops to chat. To cut it short, park at the visitor’s centre, follow the red to Dixon’s Hollow (post 13)then cut across the road and a bit of fireroad to pick up the last of the red (post 25). You won’t miss too much fun stuff and it cuts a load of time off.

You should see what I mean on this map. For a super quick ride, do the first part of the blue and the end of the red.

m360
    Free Member

Make sure you have £7 for the “entrance/parking” fee. Yes, £7!!!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Amazing isn’t it, only 7 quid to ride those trails all day!

lapierrelady

They don’t lock the gates at 8pm, so you’re ok if you’re in the main car park. There’s no one on the gate after about 4ish, and whilst there is a meter next to it…

fab
    Free Member

Cheers for the tips, £7 seems steep for a couple of hours think I’ll wing it if no ones on the gate, thanks for the route tip flying monkey, looking forward to it now, on my Spicy if any one is around say Hi 😉

jonathan
    Free Member

You won’t have to pay anything in the evening.

mrblobby
    Free Member

£7 seems steep for a couple of hours

Seriously? These trails need building and maintaining. I’d be happy to pay the 7 quid to have the trails seen as a worthy investment that’ll hopefully still be there for my kids to enjoy in a few years time.

mark_rich
    Free Member

I’ll keep an eye out for a spicy, I’m there tomoz but about 4 or 5 ish.

fab
    Free Member

Working in York, so wont get away until 5pm reckon it’s an hour drive, should still get 2-3 hours in 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Riding at Dalby forest’ is closed to new replies.