Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Riding around St Ives
  • tang
    Free Member

Off to stay with friends in St Ives soon. Prob sling the cx bike on the car. Any nice rides to do? I’m from the hills so don’t mind them.

codybrennan
    Free Member

Which St Ives Tang?

large418
    Free Member

I was down there a few weeks ago and enjoyed the coastal path going east, then head inland and there’s a few farm tracks that would be good on a CX bike. The coastal path isn’t legal though so be aware.

richmars

Head on the guided bus cycle track towards Cambridge, turn off at one of the small villages for a pub lunch, or into Cambridge and out along the river.

(We are talking about St Ives, Cambs, aren’t we?)

timber

Just go get lost up on Penwith Moors, won’t end up more than a 10 mile road ride from St.Ives.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

St Ives, Bingley and the surrounding area has some great riding… But Im guessing your meaning the one in the south?

lucien

If you meet a man with 7 wives, let me know

tang
    Free Member

Sorry, yes Cornish variety. Funnily enough I grew up in Cambridge and rode the fens as a kid. Quite a rude awakening when we moved to the hills.

Andy_Sweet
    Free Member

Last time I was in that area I spent a bit of time riding around Tehidy Woods, and Carn Brea area. There’s a gravel trail that runs around the back of Carn Brea area through all the old mine workings; perfect for a CX bike. Link up the gravel/cycle paths with a bit of tarmac down to the beach at Godrevey or Portreath and you’ve got a nice ride.

There is also a North to South coast path from Portreath alrthough haven’t ridden it myself….

tang
    Free Member

Nice one Andy. Cx it is!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Riding around St Ives’ is closed to new replies.