Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Riding around Newquay – which routes/bike?
  • clubber
    Free Member

I’ll be staying near Newquay for a few days in a while and was wondering if it’s worth bringing a bike and if so, which one – mtb/cx/road?

I quite fancy bringing my cx bike and doing some coastal/cliff top rides but is that actually possible/realistic?

TIA

jam-bo

CX bike is probably best bet. coast path is cheeky but fun in places. not really CX bike territory in others.

or just go surfing.

clubber
    Free Member

hair’s not long enough to be a surfer dude 😉

gunnagofasta
    Free Member

check out ‘cornwall freeriders’ on facebook, lots of rides and a guide map to great spots!
    mtb will be best! loads of singletrack and coastal paths!

clubber
    Free Member

Thanks for that gunna.

trb
    Free Member

I’ll contradict gunna and say take the CX bike. There is not a lot of decent, joined up, legal riding local to newquay – the locals can string a good ride together, but you’ll struggle. There is however loads of family/tourist trails and country lanes that make for a very nice ride. No big hills, but no flat bits either.

From Newquay I’d ride up the coast to Padstow, then turn back inland and ride though St Wenn on the way home. If you want to go further take the camel trail all the way (you lose the bike hire people after wadebridge) to Blisland up on the moor and then back through the lanes.

Or head to here. Family trails with the odd offshoot that will test a CX bike and lots of picturesque vistas, plus tea & cake!
    http://www.cornwallcyclehire.com/

clubber
    Free Member

That sounds cool – thanks for the suggestion

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Riding around Newquay – which routes/bike?’ is closed to new replies.