Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Riding around Mayrhofen
  • Talisker
    Free Member

Anybody been?

Thinking of heading out at the start of August but struggling to find any info on the riding. Google turns up a list of accommodation all claiming hundreds of Km of bike trails but no real detail. We’re hoping for Lift assisted single track and some big days out, possibly multi day trips using the mountain huts.

Any info much appreciated.

alpin
    Free Member

haha! i just happen to have the map for Zillertal spread out on the floor in front of me.

i passed through Mayrhofen/Zillertal on my way to Pfitscherjoch or Tuxerjoch pretty much every week last summer.

a few of the lifts there accept bikes, penkenbahn being one of them. the buses, too.

there is a bike park of sorts. two purpose built trails, but they don’t compare with the likes of Leogang or Saalbach a few valleys away. supposedly good fun with berms, drops, north shore but relatively short at 300m vertical/2.6km and 650m vertical/4km, respectively.

a colleague had a spare day there and spent it on the Penkenberg. he was smiling when i saw him that evening.

there are so many well kept trails there that you can ride. lots of hiking tourists means lots of trails!

i think you could link up lots of other trails to make for a good few days big-mountain riding.

have a look HERE

it’s all in german, but the main thing you need to know is that singletrail is singletrail, leicht is easy, mittel is middle and schwer is hard. flick down to the end of the blurb on each tour and you can download the route onto GoogleEarth.

you can also download the Mayrhofen Bikeguide, but again, it’s all in German.

try and pick up Kompass maps #34, #37 and poss #28 if you think you might drift a little further eastwards.

i’d be interested to hear what you think about the place.

if you’ve got any questions relating to the language email me (see profile). best of luck!

ChrisE
    Free Member

Rode from that area 2 years ago Transalping south and through the Dolomites. Stayed at some fab huts and saw a lot more (huts). See hutten.be which is a useful site for info but a bit poor to navigate site.

Riding was good. Big climbs of course, we had probbaly 80K days but were carrying gear. Email me if you need (in profile) I can send you our route.

The area is good and just like virtually all Austria/Germany Tyrol is well worth time there touring round the huts.

C

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jam-bo

I think dirt have just run an article on that area.

stevomcd
    Free Member

We were there in May. My Mrs was out riding while I was doing a snowboard instructor exam. She was finding an awful lot of “no bikes” signs on anything that looked interesting. Didn’t have time to do loads of exploring and the lifts weren’t open, so don’t read too much into that.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Riding around Mayrhofen’ is closed to new replies.