Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Riding around Goodwood
  • Taff
    Free Member

I want to explore a few new areas this Saturday while the mrs is out. Planning on riding out near Goodwood namely Selhurst Park – SDW etc. What's the riding like around here? I've got a few MBR routes from that way that atleast show some hills, just ordered another OS so will see what that has to say for itself.

nickjb
    Free Member

A friend lives near there and I've been out with him a few times. There are some nice trails. Nothing particularly extreme but some nice rides with nice scenery. It can get a bit muddy.

malchales
    Free Member

Me and my mate went out there saturday, we rode from Home Farm. Its seriously wet to the point of flooded on some of the woods fire roads. Its not too bad up near the race track on the singletrack in the woods oppersite but around the curcuit and at the foot of the hills take a canoe……..

wwaswas

Unless you're right 'up top' it's all pretty muddy at the moment but as long as you've got some reasonably mud freindly tyres and a love of riding through leg sapping sticky clag you'll be fine 😉

Taff
    Free Member

Sounds about as muddy as everywhere esle at the moment. Not too bothered about thrilling rides, just want to get the miles in really.

Is there quite a bit of singletrack dotted around those woods then?

malchales
    Free Member

there is but i

one who knows the area! it seems that a fair bit up the woods that is oppersite the racetrack coach park. its all tree covered s`track and fire roads.Its part of the spring goodwood xc races route.

DezB
    Free Member

Hey Taff,
    Its ok round there – the hard route in MBR last month was round that area. Not a great deal of singletrack on that route to be honest – but some of the little bridleways that run off the north side of the SDW can be good fun. (Check around Graffham, Lavington etc). You have to drag back up onto the SDW after doing them though.

Taff
    Free Member

I think I have got the MBR routes although I thought the last one there was a medium. I'll go and have a look anyway and see how I get on. It's good to ride new places anyway.. or so they tell me.

grahamb
    Free Member

Houghton Forest isn't too far away from Goodwood & there's plenty of singletrack in there. Might be worth doing a loop that heads over that way.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Riding around Goodwood’ is closed to new replies.