Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • riding around fort william
  • peachos
    Free Member

going up at the end of the month for an uplift day on the DH track but want to do some other 'natural' rides in the area. any idea? recommendations etc?

stuartie_c
    Free Member

This one should keep you busy – best done clockwise though and avoid if the rivers are in spate.

peachos
    Free Member

will have to look at that later stuartie_c. work doesn't like flikr. does it ride out of fort william?

stuartie_c
    Free Member

It's a circuit of the Mamores and Nevis Range hills. Fort William is a logical start/finish, though Aonach Mor or Kinlochleven would work just as well (KLL would give more climbing though…)

peachos
    Free Member

cool – will check that later. thanks man.

anyone else??

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

stuartie_c, your Flikr site said you did that in 6 hours 😯 . I reckon that would be about 9 for us mortals. 74km and 1700m FFS

LMT
    Free Member

Yep, the corrour route, there are a couple of ways to do this, MBR did it as get off train at Spean bridge cycle from there to Corriechoille Farm, then onto Lairig Leacach Bothy, then onto Creaguaineach Lodge, then Corrour Station and then took the train back.

It was featured in March 2007, and has a map included. I have a copy but its mine!! sorry! someone else might have a spare. I rode this last year and its an amazing route taking in some great scenery, also hoping to be riding this myself next week!! im leaving brum to fort bill in 3 days!!

While im up there will be taking in Laggan Woftrax, Witches Trail and Red DH at Ben Nevis, can't wait!

LMT
    Free Member

The Ben Nevis loop is a pain in the backside! far too many walkers when i tried it , just kept bumping into them, i gave up and headed back to base!

AlasdairMc

Ciaran Path from Kinlochleven is ace, I did it on Friday and it was easily the best ride I've done in a very very long time.

Stuartie_c – the Abhainn Rath was fine to cross when I did it, perhaps knee high at most where I forded it.

Al

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘riding around fort william’ is closed to new replies.