Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • riding around exmoor and bike hire
  • grueller
    Free Member

summer hols nr exmoor. What's it like for riding? and any decent hire bike places (lightweight full-sus)
    Only for a day ride

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

It's good. I've been riding in the Minehead/Dunkery areas recently and really enjoyed it. Wait until Oldfart and Snaps turn up as they know it very well.

thomthumb
    Free Member

riding is ace. dunno bout bike hire. try some local shops?
    off there tomoroo. woo hoo.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    snaps
    Free Member

Where are you staying? there's loads of all weather good routes mainly on the north east moor above Minehead/Dunster area – the only place I know that hires decent bikes in the area is http://www.pompyscycles.co.uk/aboutus.htm

grueller
    Free Member

we're staying in Timberscombe nr Dunster?
    looking into hiring from

Just didn't want anything too heavy as I'm already packing enough belly.
    Ta

thomthumb
    Free Member

when u there grueller?

we're in timberscombe for a week from tomorrow!

snaps
    Free Member

You're spoiled for choice riding from there!
    Croydon woods has a waymarked cycle route although only about 5 miles it has a tough climb & can easily be extended the other side of the A396 up Grabbist, Knowle & the ridge with some hairy decents into Wootton courtenay!

grueller
    Free Member

mid august, tomthumb.
    Looking forward to it

snowpaul
    Free Member

agree with snaps – grabbist hill has some quality trails – tip i discernerd from riding there in exmoor recently- look at an OS – BWs are generally ace to ride – Byways are generally rocky and gnarly a la the peak district… some superb riding all over there – dont overlook a trip to the quantocks or the mendips either

paul

oldfart

You could do the Old Fart Safari route that we did a few weeks back if you want a big day out.

grueller
    Free Member

any pointers welcome. If I can hire a bike I have leisure vouchers from the wife, result.
    Just the body that may be unwilling!

thomthumb
    Free Member

you interested in a few gpx routes? can mail later.

grueller
    Free Member

ooh that might be a bit techy for me. I fumble with digital watches let alone GPS units. Just general areas on a map will do me.
    Ta

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘riding around exmoor and bike hire’ is closed to new replies.