Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Riding around Darlington
  • johnfb
    Free Member

Hi all, I’m thinking of a house move and wondering if there’s any decent rides around Darlington?

I’ve been to Hamsterly, and know a few places in N Yorkshire too, but wondering what I’d do for backyard trails (aside from just rummaging around with an OS map).

Ideas much appreciated.

jota180
    Free Member

There is no decent MTB routes around Darlington, some good road rides though

johnfb
    Free Member

🙁

jota180
    Free Member

There really isn’t
    Drive to Reeth or NYM etc. is as good as it gets for MTB

tinribz
    Free Member

There’s a traffic free cycle route from the center to the airport, but it’s not exactly challenging. 10 mins up the A66 to Barningham is a good place to start off-road. Or look to the East, Guisbrough Woods, Wynyard & Carlton Bank.

Most of the local bridleways are patchy, short and or linear. There’s a small ridable loop near Newton Morrell, but just farm tracks.

As mentioned, best bet is get a road bike and head for Barnard Castle or Richmond Moors down the back roads.

eddie11
    Free Member

There’s a tiny bit to be had around riverbanks but not much. big local scene of dirt jumping and bmx for this reason. There’s a few cheeky spots and a track up NW of town

ampthill

I use to live in Mowden I’m sure i did a few rides from the house. Cheeky bits along a stream. Some one had built some berms and jumps behind the local shops. i think I use to use bits of Bridlway to get to Brusselton Woods.

But the problem is that the riding short drive away is so much better

johnfb
    Free Member

Cheers for thoughts lads.

smogmonster

What Jota said – if you have a car then loads of top class riding, but you do need to drive at least 30 minutes to get to anywhere good. Loads of fantastic road riding.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Riding around Darlington’ is closed to new replies.