Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • riding around Campbeltown?
  • xcentric
    Free Member

Is there any good riding around here that anyone can recommend? Up for a few days in a couple of weeks, and looking for a fun evening ride without driving much further…..

haggis1978

forget it mate. nothing but forestry roads really. The Fire Tower Trail at Lochgilphead on the road down is quite good but thats about it. Im from Campbeltown but live in Glasgow now or else i would have slit my wrists years ago at the lack of biking down there. Dont get me wrong, some of the forestry fire roads can be quite scenic if they havent harvested all the trees around and made it look more like Chernobyltown. I got my mate into mtbing and then when he moved back to C/town he pretty much gave it up and went to the darkside of roadbiking as theres nothing down there.

thatman
    Free Member

Hi
    Haggis is right, mostly forest roads but there are some planters tracks to explore. These go off the forest roads.
    There is Ben Gullion – search for Ben Gullion on the Kintyre Forum for chat and pictures.
    There is a new bunkhouse (google for the website) in Campbeltown with a secure Bike Shed.
    Also, there is a new “Bikes and Buggies” project in Carradale (15 miles north of Campbeltown on the east road) where you can get a map of some of the roads in that area. Decent tearoom.
    Enjoy your visit.

feckinlovebbq
    Free Member
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘riding around Campbeltown?’ is closed to new replies.